Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bloody Sox
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: 12-team mixed, 5x5 roto, modified keeper

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Post by Bloody Sox »

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:re: the DL slot
That was me :-( The bug is fixed, and scheduled to go out on Tuesday, as it stands now. To throw you a small bone, if it helps any, that bug was introduced as I was implementing a new feature for baseball that you guys wanted that isn't out yet. Enough said.

I bet I know what new feature, and that will be well worth my two days of suffering in hockey :-)

Thanks!
lane_anasazi2
T-Ball Trainer

Post by lane_anasazi2 »

Bartolo Colon isn't in the Yahoo database. Is this deliberate, or an oversight? At what point will he be added?
kiddlattimer
T-Ball Trainer

Post by kiddlattimer »

Is the 2013 iphone app going to be released soon? I understand the Android app is already out
bayside
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bayside »

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
re: drafts not working for leagues with SV+Holds and SV+Holds-BS
That bug has been fixed but not pushed. If your league isn't drafting in the next day or two, you'll be fine. If your league is drafting in the next day or two, you can either postpone it until the fix goes out, or remove that stat and have customer care add the stat in after your draft.

Thanks for the update Genie, thats good news.
JCD
T-Ball Trainer

Post by JCD »

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:re: the DL slot
That was me :-( The bug is fixed, and scheduled to go out on Tuesday, as it stands now. To throw you a small bone, if it helps any, that bug was introduced as I was implementing a new feature for baseball that you guys wanted that isn't out yet. Enough said.

re: drafts not working for leagues with SV+Holds and SV+Holds-BS
That bug has been fixed but not pushed. If your league isn't drafting in the next day or two, you'll be fine. If your league is drafting in the next day or two, you can either postpone it until the fix goes out, or remove that stat and have customer care add the stat in after your draft.

re: pro leagues
Frustrating, but the same status as before. Held up in legal.

no answer to this?
Dennismenis3 wrote:Hey Genie, I appreciate all the time you are putting in here...

I just did a mock draft. I drafted Reyes at SS, drafted Zobrist(2B,SS,OF) who was placed automatically into 2B slot. Later I drafted 2B Aaron Hill who was placed in my 2nd Util. slot (Encarnacion is in 1st.). There should be an edit roster feature so I could move Zobrist to OF and Aaron Hill to 2B slot hence allowing me to draft Ortiz to Util. spot instead of a bench spot. Managers should be able to move players around to positions that they qualify for and open up other slots.

The same applies to pitchers who could be put in SP or RP or bench spots. The option to move players around after you draft them could have a big impact on a draft.

and this:
JCD wrote:AVG COST is based on real drafts or mocks?
Fantasy Sports Genie
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Fantasy Sports Genie »

Where you draft people position-wise doesn't matter at all unless you disconnect and start autodrafting. Is that what you're concerned about?

Average draft position/cost does not count mocks. I don't recall if it counts private leagues, since they have wildly differing settings. A quick glance at the code suggests it counts any league that uses the default number of teams, default roster size, default positions, and default scoring . If I'm reading this properly.
Slayer Rules
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: Yahoo 12-team Roto
5X5--- Avg, RBI, HR, R, SB. --- W, ERA, K, WHIP, SV ---
Re-draft
Current Position: Just Drafted
Biggest Need: RP (likely)
Strength: Decent Balance
C - Soto (B - C/1B/3B Sandoval)
1B - Howard
2B/SS/OF - Alexei Ramirez (B - 2B Weeks)
3B/1B - Huff
SS - Tejada
OF - Hamilton (B - OF - Shoo)
OF - Bay (B - OF - Gomez)
OF - Abreu (B - OF - Cruz)
Util/1B - AGon
SP - Shields, Gallardo, Nolasco, Garza, Duchsherer
RP - Hoffman, Capps
Trades to date: None

Post by Slayer Rules »

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Where you draft people position-wise doesn't matter at all unless you disconnect and start autodrafting. Is that what you're concerned about?

I'll attempt to speak for him - if I'm wrong my apologies.

It would be nice to be able to edit your roster in real time while you're drafting so that you can visually see how your roster is filling out as you intended. Example: You take Hanley (3B/SS) and then take a guy like Freese later whom you intend to play at 3rd. You can lose track of your batters if Freese goes into the UTIL or your bench rather than at 3B (because Hanley occupied that spot first). It would be nice to put Hanley in SS to make room.

It's a matter of inconvenience, basically.

Post by posty »

Anyone else have the "Next 25" go to batters (even if you are looking at pitchers) and then not work any more?
JCD
T-Ball Trainer

Post by JCD »

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:Where you draft people position-wise doesn't matter at all unless you disconnect and start autodrafting. Is that what you're concerned about?

Average draft position/cost does not count mocks. I don't recall if it counts private leagues, since they have wildly differing settings. A quick glance at the code suggests it counts any league that uses the default number of teams, default roster size, default positions, and default scoring . If I'm reading this properly.

Thank you, that's very reassuring.

Slayer Rules wrote:

I'll attempt to speak for him - if I'm wrong my apologies.

It would be nice to be able to edit your roster in real time while you're drafting so that you can visually see how your roster is filling out as you intended. Example: You take Hanley (3B/SS) and then take a guy like Freese later whom you intend to play at 3rd. You can lose track of your batters if Freese goes into the UTIL or your bench rather than at 3B (because Hanley occupied that spot first). It would be nice to put Hanley in SS to make room.

It's a matter of inconvenience, basically.

Yes, that's it.
Fantasy Sports Genie
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Fantasy Sports Genie »

Okay. We have understood that use case, but haven't prioritized it highly compared to the alternatives. I think we figured that if it is just for organizing your thoughts, and it is bothering you, you can always keep a piece of paper on your desk while you draft heh... So it isn't a bad idea, just a decent amount of work for a relatively small gain, so hasn't been a high priority.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”