Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby cordscords » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:07 pm

TheTrith wrote:The problem is, who wants to spend every day, for 6 months, managing a team with the chance to only double your buy in?
50/50s are only practical for daily leagues where it takes 30 seconds to complete the lineup with no further attention required

From an investment standpoint, a 100% ROI over 6 months is pretty darn good.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheTrith » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:38 pm

cordscords wrote:
TheTrith wrote:The problem is, who wants to spend every day, for 6 months, managing a team with the chance to only double your buy in?
50/50s are only practical for daily leagues where it takes 30 seconds to complete the lineup with no further attention required

From an investment standpoint, a 100% ROI over 6 months is pretty darn good.

But its not an investment. Its more like a meager hourly wage.

Anyway, using that logic, a 600% ROI is much better than a 100% ROI, right?
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby West » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:34 pm

edit - issue fixed.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 66)

Postby TheTrith » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Jesus Christ Yahoo!
So apparently Yahoo decided to not count any stats from the Monday night game in their football Yahoo Pro Leagues! WTF
It shows me winning my matchup, yet the standings dont actually reflect that fact.
And talking to lots of other people, it turns out this is a problem across the entire site.
C'mon Yahoo! We pay money to play in these leagues, and Yahoo takes a 10% cut. Cant you at least get the basic scoring down so that the standings accurately reflect the games?
This is such a joke.

And to make matters even worse, the waivers in some leagues got completely fucked up. The waiver priority that processed last night was based on the faulty standings, so teams that shouldve won, but Yahoo credited with a loss, got bumped up the priority, and vice versa. How are they going to fix that?

Anyone care to explain how winning by 5+ points turns in to a Loss in the standings? And no, there were no stat corrections for either team.
Look at PuffPuffPassToGordon:
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby misterf » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:38 am

If Yahoo is still monitoring this message board, we could really use some more info re: the status the Yahoo Pro leagues for Fantasy Baseball this season.

The delays are extremely frustrating........and the lack of information/communication is even worse.
misterf
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 60)

Postby esf1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:01 pm

Is anyone else having trouble with Yahoo StatTracker? For me, it's not automatically updating. It also says, "We're not sure who you are..." and requires me to log in, and then an updated display is given, but it still doesn't update automatically and still says it doesn't know who I am.
esf1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:52 am

esf1 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with Yahoo StatTracker? For me, it's not automatically updating. It also says, "We're not sure who you are..." and requires me to log in, and then an updated display is given, but it still doesn't update automatically and still says it doesn't know who I am.

Try a different browser, to see if that may be causing the problem.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby esf1 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:33 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
esf1 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with Yahoo StatTracker? For me, it's not automatically updating. It also says, "We're not sure who you are..." and requires me to log in, and then an updated display is given, but it still doesn't update automatically and still says it doesn't know who I am.

Try a different browser, to see if that may be causing the problem.

Thank you! I got it to work in Chrome, but IE and Firefox kept the problem going. P.S. Even in Chrome, StatTracker says it doesn't know who I am, but it sure highlights my teams and players.
esf1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby esf1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:04 pm

esf1 wrote:bigh0rt wrote:esf1 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with Yahoo StatTracker? For me, it's not automatically updating. It also says, "We're not sure who you are..." and requires me to log in, and then an updated display is given, but it still doesn't update automatically and still says it doesn't know who I am.Try a different browser, to see if that may be causing the problem.Thank you! I got it to work in Chrome, but IE and Firefox kept the problem going. P.S. Even in Chrome, StatTracker says it doesn't know who I am, but it sure highlights my teams and players.

Now even Chrome gives the problem. Not getting it to work in three browsers leads me to think it's a Yahoo issue.
esf1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby SpecialFNK » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:28 am

hey yahoo.. WHY DID YOU CHANGE TO A BRIGHT WHITE THEME?

this is way too bright and hard on the eyes.
I have seen multiple conversations on this change, and most of the feedback is that this change is terrible!
please change back to the dark theme, or at least give people the option to use the theme they prefer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasybasebal ... /?sort=new

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/message ... b9a23c6166
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers