Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Dennismenis3 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm

With all the rainouts today, I was able to adjust my daily lineup in a head-to-head league after work to minimize holes, as was my wife(we work together). We adjusted lineup around 5PM EST. Commish was ranting via text message that he was unable to adjust his lineup for any PPD games/players. He was using the phone app, we were using a laptop. Is there a problem with the phone app? He says his players in PPD games were "grayed-out" and unavailable to move before the original starting times of the 7PM games. ??? Anybody have any insight on this problem? I know we should all have until right before the original starting time of the game to fix lineups.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Dennismenis3 wrote:With all the rainouts today, I was able to adjust my daily lineup in a head-to-head league after work to minimize holes, as was my wife(we work together). We adjusted lineup around 5PM EST. Commish was ranting via text message that he was unable to adjust his lineup for any PPD games/players. He was using the phone app, we were using a laptop. Is there a problem with the phone app? He says his players in PPD games were "grayed-out" and unavailable to move before the original starting times of the 7PM games. ??? Anybody have any insight on this problem? I know we should all have until right before the original starting time of the game to fix lineups.

I did it on the App today without problems. Around 6PM EST.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:31 pm

ensanimal wrote:
Dennismenis3 wrote:With all the rainouts today, I was able to adjust my daily lineup in a head-to-head league after work to minimize holes, as was my wife(we work together). We adjusted lineup around 5PM EST. Commish was ranting via text message that he was unable to adjust his lineup for any PPD games/players. He was using the phone app, we were using a laptop. Is there a problem with the phone app? He says his players in PPD games were "grayed-out" and unavailable to move before the original starting times of the 7PM games. ??? Anybody have any insight on this problem? I know we should all have until right before the original starting time of the game to fix lineups.

I did it on the App today without problems. Around 6PM EST.

same.
ive been able to adjust via phone last minute many times.
the thing i dont get about the phone app is why i have to log in every time.
instead of using the app 500 times a day, like i normally would, i only use it 347 times a day.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby TheTrith » Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm

When making lineup changes "Swap Mode" no longer works for me. Ive tried both chrome and FF and it simply does not work. This has been going since last weekend.
Normally when you click on the player you want to move, all the players and bench spots you can swap to will light up in green. Now when I click on a player nothing happens.

In Chrome I cleared my browsing history , all cookies, cache etc and it actually fixed it... for exactly one swap. As soon as I tried to make another move it reverted back to not working.
Multiple people acros my private leageus have told me the same thing is happening to them.

Being forced to use "classic mode" really sucks. Its slow and tedious, and every time a move is saved, the page automatically defaults to a view of just that day, with no pitcher information, and no weekly matchup info view, even though I was previously on "opponent" view.
I cannot even find a away to get to that view if I try, so it seems like there are multiple issues here.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby GRIN » Fri May 02, 2014 9:11 am

TheTrith wrote:When making lineup changes "Swap Mode" no longer works for me. Ive tried both chrome and FF and it simply does not work. This has been going since last weekend.
Normally when you click on the player you want to move, all the players and bench spots you can swap to will light up in green. Now when I click on a player nothing happens.

In Chrome I cleared my browsing history , all cookies, cache etc and it actually fixed it... for exactly one swap. As soon as I tried to make another move it reverted back to not working.
Multiple people acros my private leageus have told me the same thing is happening to them.

Being forced to use "classic mode" really sucks. Its slow and tedious, and every time a move is saved, the page automatically defaults to a view of just that day, with no pitcher information, and no weekly matchup info view, even though I was previously on "opponent" view.
I cannot even find a away to get to that view if I try, so it seems like there are multiple issues here.

Swap Mode is hit or miss with me. It seems to be an intermittent problem. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. A little frustrating.
20 team baseball H2H keeper league
14 team basketball H2H keeper league (looking for expansion teams)
20 team hockey H2H keeper league
MLB Beat the Streak
ESPN Streak for the Cash
GRIN
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby TheTrith » Sat May 03, 2014 1:00 am

Im probably wasting my breath, because there havent been any Yahoo employees in here in ages to help keep Yahoo accountable for the infinite issues that keep springing up, and only the fact that Genie is kind enough to lend his expertise gained from the time he worked at Yahoo is keeping this thread alive (thank you Genie!), but I will post this anyway:

So Minor came off the DL today and pitched vs SF.
However according to Yahoo, he is still DL eligible, and even now, hours after his game ended, you can still move him back to your DL slot and then pick up another player to use tomorrow.
In fact a guy in one of my YPros did exactly that!

Some people may be tempted to say "quit complaining, free service yada yada yada..."
I call BS.

When I pay for multiple Yahoo Pro Leagues, (and to a lesser extent spend hours upon hours on Yahoos site every week contributing to their ad revenue), I expect things to work properly the vast majority of the time. Such easily exploitable loopholes as playing a pitcher who comes off the DL, today and then being able to put him back in the DL slot, is ridiculous.
And I dont care if its the "providers" fault. Get better providers!

Its bad enough that the message board hasnt worked for 2 years, and that I cannot adjust my roster because the "upgraded" swap mode flat out does not work, and that when a players game is listed as PPD we could not move them out of the lineup even before the scheduled game time (they all locked the second the game got the PPD designation!), and that the app constantly logs users out EVERY single time, and that the MLB scoreboards are completely unreadable, and that the matchup page does not update in real time anymore... and the list goes on and on. These are all things that used to work perfectly, and were "upgraded" and now dont work.

My suggestion is that Yahoo not take customers money if they cannot provide a working service.
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Ray Zorback » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 am

That DL loophole has been there for a couple of years. I use it often. This year I've found another useful loophole if your league uses a NA slot. Before a guy goes on the DL he is listed for a brief time as NA first. Yesterday I put Kipnis into a NA slot because my 3 DLs were full. (Trumbo, Sale, Janssen) He is now listed as DL so I won't be able to make any moves until I move him, but it will buy me a couple of days with another player.
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 172)

Postby TheTrith » Sat May 10, 2014 1:16 am

lol the same thing happened today with Fister coming off the DL - he is still eligible to slide back into a DL slot on Yahoo.

Really, why can't they figure this out? Its been widely known for over a week that Fister would pitch today. You'd think a company like Yahoo would be able to get this right.

Oh I know, I know, its the stat providers fault :-t
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Sun May 11, 2014 10:01 am

TheTrith wrote:lol the same thing happened today with Fister coming off the DL - he is still eligible to slide back into a DL slot on Yahoo.

Really, why can't they figure this out? Its been widely known for over a week that Fister would pitch today. You'd think a company like Yahoo would be able to get this right.

Oh I know, I know, its the stat providers fault :-t

I don't understand why, if there's so many issues, you continue to use the service. I stopped playing on yahoo 4 or 5 years ago and have never been happier. Its not like you're bound to them as a provider. If its bad, go somewhere else. If you're the only one in your league who feels this way, then buck up.

Also, related, the same thing you're complaining about will also happen on occasion in both ESPN and CBS. Ive seen it in both places, despite not seeing someone exploit it. It is far from Yahoo exclusive. If you're in a serious league than the commissioner can easily handle it and alert the league that trying to exploit a software/server mistake is a no no.

I feel like this isn't Earth shattering stuff. I also feel like if youre serious about fantasy baseball and play in a highly competitive league with money on the line, you need an active, competent commissioner who can act when things go awry. If you have that then suddenly things like this are non-issues and you spend less time being angry at your fantasy baseball provider.

To each their own, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers