Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby austincbeasley » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:35 pm

The NA slot is great, but it would be really nice to be able to add a NA (or DL) player by dropping a player currently occupying the slot.

For example: I have Archie Bradley in my NA slot, but someone just dropped Buxton. I would like to use a waiver to get Buxton (dropping Bradley) but I can't do this unless I first drop someone on the active roster.
austincbeasley
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ray Zorback » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:52 pm

austincbeasley wrote:The NA slot is great, but it would be really nice to be able to add a NA (or DL) player by dropping a player currently occupying the slot.

For example: I have Archie Bradley in my NA slot, but someone just dropped Buxton. I would like to use a waiver to get Buxton (dropping Bradley) but I can't do this unless I first drop someone on the active roster.

AGREE, same with DL
Ray Zorback
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 172)

Postby germani40 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:31 pm

So we have 2 N/A slots. I am currently carrying 4 minor leaguers so 2 N/A spots plus 2 bench spots are being used. I went to switch my lineup and when I went to click Ervin Santana to put him into my lineup for tomorrow I accidentally clicked Alex Meyer and now it wont let me put Meyer, Urias, or Franco back in my N/A slot because they are involved in a pending trade. I want to pick someone up after just sending Trumbo to the DL but since I cant throw one of those players to my N/A slot I have no room until Saturday.

Anyone know anything there is possible to do? Every time I try putting one of those guys back into my N/A slot it says the player is in a pending transaction. Why should that matter?
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 78)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:50 pm

germani40 wrote:So we have 2 N/A slots. I am currently carrying 4 minor leaguers so 2 N/A spots plus 2 bench spots are being used. I went to switch my lineup and when I went to click Ervin Santana to put him into my lineup for tomorrow I accidentally clicked Alex Meyer and now it wont let me put Meyer, Urias, or Franco back in my N/A slot because they are involved in a pending trade. I want to pick someone up after just sending Trumbo to the DL but since I cant throw one of those players to my N/A slot I have no room until Saturday.

Anyone know anything there is possible to do? Every time I try putting one of those guys back into my N/A slot it says the player is in a pending transaction. Why should that matter?

Imagine this: you have a full roster, and you have Gern Blanston on your bench. You trade him to someone else for a single player. Clearly everything is above board here.

Now suppose after the trade is accepted, you put Gern into your NA slot, and pick up a player to fill the empty slot that is left. Now when the trade is processed, you'll lose a guy that was in an NA slot, without having a bench slot available to put the incoming player. That is the concern the app is raising here. Even if the guy that is incoming has NA status, he might not when the trade actually processes. Arguably they could let you do it as long as you keep an empty roster slot to accept the incoming player, but I think that would just lead to different confusing message board posts. The underlying reason is that they need to make sure when your trade processes that you can accept all the incoming players without going over your maximum roster size.

My head is hurting trying to piece together this entire scenario where you have 4 NA players, at least 3 are in a pending trade, you want to move Trumbo to the DL, etc. etc. If we had all the exact information it might be clearer. But this is basically what you're up against. The premise is that NA and DL slots aren't really additional roster slots. They are places you can slot guys on your team temporarily when they are in weird states.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 24)

Postby germani40 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
germani40 wrote:So we have 2 N/A slots. I am currently carrying 4 minor leaguers so 2 N/A spots plus 2 bench spots are being used. I went to switch my lineup and when I went to click Ervin Santana to put him into my lineup for tomorrow I accidentally clicked Alex Meyer and now it wont let me put Meyer, Urias, or Franco back in my N/A slot because they are involved in a pending trade. I want to pick someone up after just sending Trumbo to the DL but since I cant throw one of those players to my N/A slot I have no room until Saturday.

Imagine this: you have a full roster, and you have Gern Blanston on your bench. You trade him to someone else for a single player. Clearly everything is above board here.

Now suppose after the trade is accepted, you put Gern into your NA slot, and pick up a player to fill the empty slot that is left. Now when the trade is processed, you'll lose a guy that was in an NA slot, without having a bench slot available to put the incoming player. That is the concern the app is raising here. Even if the guy that is incoming has NA status, he might not when the trade actually processes. Arguably they could let you do it as long as you keep an empty roster slot to accept the incoming player, but I think that would just lead to different confusing message board posts. The underlying reason is that they need to make sure when your trade processes that you can accept all the incoming players without going over your maximum roster size.

My head is hurting trying to piece together this entire scenario where you have 4 NA players, at least 3 are in a pending trade, you want to move Trumbo to the DL, etc. etc. If we had all the exact information it might be clearer. But this is basically what you're up against. The premise is that NA and DL slots aren't really additional roster slots. They are places you can slot guys on your team temporarily when they are in weird states.

Its a keeper league where we keep up to 18 a year. I had Meyer and Urias in my N/A slots but since we are only allotted 2 I had Piscotty and Franco taking up bench spots. Trumbo went to the DL so that freed me up a roster spot (put me down to 24 out of an allowed 25 players). Yesterday I made a trade that sent Urias, Franco, and Meyer away for Scherzer but it still hasnt processed. I accidentally slid Meyer onto my active roster leaving myself an open N/A spot. When I tried to move him or Urias to my N/A slot it gives me an error.
germani40
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 78)

Postby TheTrith » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:31 pm

If its a keeper league couldnt the commish just manually move the players between teams to finalize the trade?
Or temporarily drop a player for you via commish tools, move someone into your NA slot, then let the trade process as usual?
TheTrith
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 126)

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:30 am

Looks like conditional waivers might finally be fixed... I won't know until waivers process tonight, but I was able to put the same player into two different drop/add waiver requests and set the priority (which is more than I could do 2 weeks ago).
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:01 am

Y`s Guy wrote:Are we allowed to search transactions by team? Am I missing something here? I swear Yahoo had this feature before but I could be wrong.

I would agree that seems to be a casualty of the redesign. You used to be able to go to the View All Transactions page and I'm pretty sure there was a dropdown selector with all the teams so you could pick a single one. I don't see any equivalent now.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 24)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:39 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Y`s Guy wrote:Are we allowed to search transactions by team? Am I missing something here? I swear Yahoo had this feature before but I could be wrong.

I would agree that seems to be a casualty of the redesign. You used to be able to go to the View All Transactions page and I'm pretty sure there was a dropdown selector with all the teams so you could pick a single one. I don't see any equivalent now.

There was.... and there isn't....that's progress :-b
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers