Return to Baseball Leftovers

Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Touching base/taking requests re: Yahoo! Fantasy Basebal

Postby Dennismenis3 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:44 pm

I am looking for a custom league to join but I prefer daily lineups. Whether or not a league is set for daily or weekly lineups should be listed on the board...or at least you should be able to filter daily/weekly as you can filter the draft type or the scoring type.
Dennismenis3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BaezBlasts » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:26 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:Will there be Yahoo Pro Leagues open to draft in April (aka next week)? Or is Sunday the last day these will be available?

You're in business. They are running into April.
BaezBlasts
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby AdvRider » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 am

Disappointed to find that Yahoo Sports is persisting with the dumbed-down MLB scores page introduced last year with that awful redesign.

Really, what sports fan looks at this and says, "Yeah, this abbreviated version is better than..."

this version from 2013, before Yahoo Sports decided to screw with a good thing.

Thanks Yahoo, I'll be going elswhere for my MLB scores this year. More data helps me manage my fantasy teams more effectively.

I't's baffling that Yahoo Sports doesn't understand that and presents instead some Marissa Mayer feng shui version of sports data.

Thankfully most providers recognize that more data -- not less data -- is better, like NBC Sports:

AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Izenhart » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:02 pm

agree with the post above ^^

I am here to ask if there is a EDIT WEEKLY LINEUP button somewhere (I cant find it) or do i have to click and load next day next day next day etc... until I get to Monday?

Also, is it possible to have an option to set the game times to something other then pacific time? I get confused sometimes, and it can cause me to not get my lineup in on time.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 163)

Postby BaezBlasts » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Agreed, I'm looking for a new scoreboard, loved the old simple yahoo scoreboard, but the new one is a joke. Who homered? It doesn't even say. And they make the horrible copy writing mistake of putting white letters on a black background, that is beyond amateurish. No one can read it and no one will now. Thanks yahoo.

That NBC one looked good. I'll give it a try. Thanks for posting it.
BaezBlasts
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Guy Smiley » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Honestly, I don't blame you for looking elsewhere for box scores. It's hot garbage and we know it. It will be fixed. I just don't have a timeline for you right now. There is a commitment on the team to fix the redesign; we are working through the steps to get there. And before you say, just revert it to what it was, that is neither easy, nor the right answer.

So, I won't ask you to "stick with us" so long as we look like this but I will ask that you check back to see if we have cleaned up the mess...then stick with us.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)

Postby AdvRider » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:38 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:Honestly, I don't blame you for looking elsewhere for box scores. It's hot garbage and we know it. It will be fixed. I just don't have a timeline for you right now. There is a commitment on the team to fix the redesign; we are working through the steps to get there. And before you say, just revert it to what it was, that is neither easy, nor the right answer.

So, I won't ask you to "stick with us" so long as we look like this but I will ask that you check back to see if we have cleaned up the mess...then stick with us.

Thanks Guy Smiley... that's encouraging.
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 pm

I can no longer look at a "Batter vs Pitcher" for a whole career, only individual years. Last year I could always look at a batters career numbers against a pitcher to make lineup decisions, pretty annoying that this was taken out especially since the matchup ratings are fraught with inaccurate info ie. Player X has not fared well against right handed pitchers like Pitcher X, when the pitcher is actually a lefty.

Last year, when you looked at your team page, the probable pitcher who your batter was facing was always listed, which allowed for very easy access to that players "batter vs pitcher" data.

So many good features all annihilated. I hate this even more than I hated the new fantasy football layout at first (before I realized I could change it to white background).

Also, there's a glitch with the score graphic on the right side of the screen where it often shows the bases loaded on games where the bases are not indeed loaded. I can't tell you how many times in this only 3 day old season that I have already seen the bases loaded, thought to myself "Oh my gosh, I need to click over there and see what is happening" only to find that the bases or empty or only a runner on first.

Edit: Looking at the game slate what do you know? Bases loaded in Miami vs Colorado--- Psyche!
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby Guy Smiley » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:35 pm

So as a rule we don't add stats after season start as it can compromise scoring. However, this is week one and we can help out.

Post the league ID here and I will take care of it.
Guy Smiley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 6)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers