Speaking of conspiracy theories...I'm nearly certain that Fantasy GM is none other than our old friend DaQ. Let's take a look at the timeline, shall we?
- April 29, 2009 DaQ's last post on the forum is made.
- May 3, 2009 A new member, Fantasy GM, posts for the first time.
- May 16, 2012 all of the comments made by DaQ in General Talk threads of a personal nature started by DaQ are edited out.
Since that time, Fantasy GM--if that is his real name
--starts a number of threads in General Talk, including the breathtaking "Was my judge in the wrong?" the memorable "Most bizarre working predicament you've had?" the ever-popular "Work slump? Need some advice from the pros," the somewhat frightening "How do I get my coworker fired? and "How to deal with the work b****?" These were all leading up to this most recent effort, "HR wants to meet with me, why?" The first post in each of these threads is done in the exact same style as DaQ's patented posts, including but not limited to: long, rambling paragraphs, a lot of smileys, and use of italics, bold lettering, underlining, and, in some extreme cases, underlined bold. It should be noted as well that in some of these threads, multiple users remarked on the resemblance to the topic at hand to old DaQ threads.
Now, not to go all Freud on the forum, but almost every one of these deals with themes of inadequacy, fears of not being accepted, and a general sense of not knowing what to do or how to best react to what most would consider and everyday event. These are the same themes explored in many of DaQ's threads.
In my opinion, there are two, and only two options:
1. DaQ and Fantasy GM are brothers who, having grown up in a home with an overbearing father and subservient mother, have a deep-seeded fear of the unknown and of not reacting properly to every circumstance presented, as well as feelings of inadequacy that have been difficult to overcome. Or...
2. Fantasy GM is DaQ. Having effectively "killed off" DaQ upon his graduation from college to the working world, he needed a new forum personality, a new character, if you will, to present the concerns and feelings that he has about corporate America to the group for approval and/or discussion.
Occams' Razor being what it is, I find option No. 2 to be the most likely.
All of that having been said, I'd like to speak directly to Fantasy GM/DaQ for a moment:
There is no need to hide behind two usernames. You are among friends here. Bring back DaQ. Also, quit stressing out so much about relatively minor things. It will kill you before your time.