Return to Baseball Leftovers

Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:13 am

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 450)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Maris09 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 am

rjforlife wrote:I think Maris just keeps the argument going so he can get into the top 20 for bases this season. Take away all bases for this thread!!!

It's odd that you would single me out as one that keeps it going rather than a 3 person thing, especially considering I'm the one who's said let's just agree to disagree and end this like 6 times. But ok.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 5)

Re: Re: Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:51 am

Maris09 wrote:
rjforlife wrote:I think Maris just keeps the argument going so he can get into the top 20 for bases this season. Take away all bases for this thread!!!

It's odd that you would single me out as one that keeps it going rather than a 3 person thing, especially considering I'm the one who's said let's just agree to disagree and end this like 6 times. But ok.

You said back on page two or three that you read that steroids improve your vision. I think we are all still waiting for the link.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 265)

Postby rjforlife » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:01 pm

Maris09 wrote:

I singled you out because Giants is way ahead and clearly doesn't need bases and WR only has 37 so he clearly won't make the list. It was just a joke that only made sense if applied to you, nothing personal about this argument.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 269)

Postby Maris09 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:25 pm

wrveres wrote:
Maris09 wrote:

You said back on page two or three that you read that steroids improve your vision. I think we are all still waiting for the link.

I said I've heard/read that they improve your vision. Buff up on that reading comprehension. It's on pg 3.
I'm waiting on your proof that says it doesn't. Spoiler alert.....it isn't coming from either of us.
The bottom line is, which has been over and over, is that none of us know for sure.
Now Dr. Wrvwrwvrwrveres, I know you "think you know," but you've provided nothing but your opinion, and an article that only said some researchers believe it improves hand-eye coordination. So since none of us are doctors, and since none of us have proof either way, I'm going to stick with my opinion, and you're going to stick with yours......probably for the next 84 pages. We're comin Big0rt!
Last edited by Maris09 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Maris09 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:26 pm

rjforlife wrote:
Maris09 wrote:

I singled you out because Giants is way ahead and clearly doesn't need bases and WR only has 37 so he clearly won't make the list. It was just a joke that only made sense if applied to you, nothing personal about this argument.

No worries. I haven't even looked in to what that bases thing is all about. :-D
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:34 pm

So you are of the opinion that steroids help your vision, and you have nothing, nada, to back it up. You just pulled it out of thin air, and your sticking to it. Brilliant!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Re: Re: Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Maris09 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Maris09 wrote:It's odd that you would single me out as one that keeps it going rather than a 3 person thing, especially considering I'm the one who's said let's just agree to disagree and end this like 6 times. But ok.

I said I've heard/read that they improve your vision. Buff up on that reading comprehension. It's on pg 3.

how is that different than what I said?
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Maris09 wrote:
wrveres wrote:
Maris09 wrote:It's odd that you would single me out as one that keeps it going rather than a 3 person thing, especially considering I'm the one who's said let's just agree to disagree and end this like 6 times. But ok.

I'm waiting on your proof that says it doesn't. Spoiler alert.....it isn't coming from either of us.
The bottom line is, which has been over and over, is that none of us know for sure.
Now Dr. Wrvwrwvrwrveres, I know you "think you know," but you've provided nothing but your opinion, and an article that only said some researchers believe it improves hand-eye coordination. So since none of us are doctors, and since none of us have proof either way, I'm going to stick with my opinion, and you're going to stick with yours......probably for the next 84 pages. We're comin Big0rt!
I think you guys should spend a few pages discussing what each of you mean by 'vision', because just about every player in the league has 20/20 eyesight either naturally, with corrective lenses, or Lasik surgery. So what is 'vision'? :-)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 450)

Re: Re: Re: Melky Cabrera. 50 game ban for Testosterone

Postby wrveres » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:59 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
wrveres wrote:You said back on page two or three that you read that steroids improve your vision. I think we are all still waiting for the link.

I think you guys should spend a few pages discussing what each of you mean by 'vision', because just about every player in the league has 20/20 eyesight either naturally, with corrective lenses, or Lasik surgery. So what is 'vision'? :-)

Well considering one of the side effects of excess testosterone is blurred/double vision and can even cause glaucoma, I'm pretty sure we aren't talking about about improved vision.

But vision in this case is Maris' inability to see the facts right in front of his face.

Since he is of the opinion that steroids increase your ability to see, I suggest he needs to try a few cycles
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers