Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who should I add?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who should I add?

Postby vladrules » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:34 pm

4th in 12 team standard 5x5 roto nonkeeper Yahoo league w/daily transactions. 12 points in Saves but only 2 pts in AVG and 5 points in R and SB. Rest are 8 or 9 points. HR, RBI are tight race.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/152439/standings

Humanoid Typhoon
C Alex Avila (Det - C)
1B Mark Teixeira (NYY - 1B)
2B Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
3B Eric Chávez (NYY - 3B)
SS Elvis Andrus (Tex - SS)
OF Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
OF Carlos Beltrán (StL - OF)
OF Coco Crisp (Oak - OF)
Util Josh Rutledge (Col - SS)
Util Allen Craig (STL - 1B,2B,OF)
BN Pablo Sandoval (SF - 1B,3B)
BN Kendrys Morales (LAA - 1B,OF)
BN Ángel Pagán (SF - OF)
BN Norichika Aoki (Mil - OF)
DL Emilio Bonifacio (Mia - 2B,3B,SS,OF)

SP Yovani Gallardo (MIL - SP)
SP C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP)
RP Aroldis Chapman (Cin - RP)
RP Jeremy Affeldt (SF - RP)
P Chris Sale (SP, RP)
P Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
P Jonathon Niese (NYM - SP)
P Robbie Ross (Tex - RP)
BN Bartolo Colon (OAK - SP)

Was stuck in 6th place so I just traded to 8th place team Motte, Ludwick, Werth and BJUpton for Beltran and Andrus. (big risk but I took it). It opened up 2 spots for FA and streaming pitchers/hitters. BJ Upton's avg was killing so I wanted to improve my avg and sadly, Upton is turning it up.

Have a trade pending where I trade Frieri, Hanrahan, Aceves for CSale, Bumgarner and RRoss (will drop him for RP). He wouldn't trade DPrice.

I'll be glad when Bonafacio comes back so he can be my backup at 3B in case Panda not doing well after injury. Pagan and Crisp are my speed guys until Bonafacio is back. Trying to maximize games and add to counting stats especially on Monday and Thursday bc hitting is close. I'll stream hitters when there's an open spot.

Probably drop Eric Chavez, Aoki, Ross. Who should I add? thinking about a C and maybe 2 RP?

FA
C Napoli, Brantly, JMontero, JJaso, Salty, Rosario, McKenry, Kratz
1B IDavis, RHoward,
SS EAybar
3B Olt
OF Pence (WW), JJay (is he for real?), David Murphy
SP PCorbin, EBedard, BAnderson, JGarcia,JBlanton
RP Gregorson, Thayer, Ogando, JVenters, ABailey
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 51)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who should I add?

Postby lambo1203 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:41 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about streaming pitchers. I'd put a waiver claim on Pence and probably drop Ross. Other than that, Howard and Jay would be good options to play based on match-ups for HR and RBI.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=451705
Image Thanks to GiantsFan14 for the sig
lambo1203
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 21)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Txs for the help on my post......

I have to agree here...the FA SP's and RP's are an eye sore....nothing really to use or look at so streaming pitching is out of the question if that is all that is available.

I would however look to add Pence/Howard/J.Jay.....I am hating Pence but it looks like he could be picking things up and he will or should provide some power to go with Avg and Steals so....

I also looked and I don't really care for A.Avila but it looks like he is finally staying off the DL and he has been hitting again for a while now so....I don't think I would grab a C like you had suggested.....if any though I would only put Napoli(DL now), Salty(not hitting like he was), W.Rosario(see Salty's notes)....so out of all the Catchers I think I would stick with Avila....

That's about it...not much on the FA list I would grab except for Pence/Howard/J.Jay......maybe look to make another trade for pitching (Sp and Rp as your relief guys are not that great behind Chapman)...

GL my friend and txs again....

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby vladrules » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks.

Other FA SP on DL: Griffin, Niemann, JGarcia, Wei Yen Chen, Johan(WW), Liriano, EJackson, Feldman, Cobb, TMilone, Nova, CTillman

Was gonna stream Cobb, Feldman, Bedard (at home) and OAK SP when matchups good for cheap wins.

I am way ahead in Saves and have lots of innings so that's why I traded my RP away. I'll probably add a good RP with good Ks and ratios on winning team so may get some Vulture wins. Ogando, Venters, Strop, JPeralta or Jepsen

I'll try to do another trade involving Rutledge to free up a roster spot
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 51)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions