I've been on vacation for a while. Just got back, so a quick answer:
- We've done nothing to change how/when we handle corrections
- What we *did* do was change the messaging to make it clear which corrections came in too late to be applied
- Now that we've done so, it really makes it clear that many corrections come in too late to be applied, and people are finding it kind of noisy, so we're considering options that would just not bother you with stat corrections that don't impact your league anyway
- We can't apply corrections until they happen. Feel free to point fingers where you like, but until somebody decides to change a stat and tells us, we can't do anything
- The discussion of why we don't apply stats that come in late has been had here many times. We always do in non-H2H leagues. In H2H leagues, however, there are more "can't put the toothpaste back in the tube" kind of things, particularly around the playoffs. If we make a correction and then say, "Oh. The stats from 2 weeks ago changed. So actually you won. So actually, you DID make the playoffs. Sorry you didn't update your lineup for the last 2 weeks because you thought you'd been eliminated." etc. etc. And perhaps we could apply them in H2H matchups until the playoffs begin, but we have plenty of precedent where it is valuable to be consistent, because otherwise it confuses people nonstop. So it is more consistent and clear to just say we never apply stat corrections in H2H leagues once the matchups are over.