I am going to write a lot so please bear with me. I am in a 16 team dynasty league. This is a 9x9 category league with the following stats: R 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K AVG and W L SV HR K HLD ERA WHIP QS. League settings are head-to-head.
We have a 25-man roster which we use each week, but we have a reserve roster of 15 additional players which we can use as substitutes at the beginning of each week or for a DL replacement. We also have a minor league roster.
C Brian McCann
1B Paul Goldschmidt
2B Chase Utley
3B Edwin Encarnacion
SS Jimmy Rollins
LF Coco Crisp
CF Austin Jackson
RF Ty Wiggington
OF Colby Rasmus
U David Ortiz
BN Zack Cozart
BN Shane Victorino
SP: Stephen Strasburg
RP: JJ Putz
Extended Roster (40-man)
C- Jason Castro
1B- Justin Smoak
2B- Ryan Rayburn
LF- Jose Tabata
RF- Jorge Soler
SP- Jeff Niemann (DL)
Chris Carpenter (DL)
RP- Joel Peralta
DL- Mariano Rivera
I am currently in second place in my division of four teams, 24 games out. I am also in second place for the league but just seven games ahead of the third place team. Top two seeds get a bye in the playoffs so that is my main goal-- to remain top two.
Our trade deadline and the last day we can make FA pickups is July 31st, so I want to beef up my team as much as I can for the stretch.
So, here are my main questions:
1) Is there anybody on my extended roster that you feel I should move to my active roster and who should they replace. Note: I am allowed to carry a max of 13 pitchers.
2) What glaring weakness should I work on improving? Note: remember this league has unique stats like triples, etc. that influenced some of my decisions.
3) I seem to be really set on pitching. Should I dangle one of my studs as trade bait? If so which one? Note, this is a salary/contract league so here are the SP details:
Strasburg (6 year contract, $6.75M/6.75/9/9/11.25/11.25)
Peavy (3 years, 2M per year)
Hernandez (6 years, 9/9/12/12/15/15)
Kershaw (6 years, 20/20/16/16/12/12)
Dickey (2 years, 1M per year)
Note: Six years is max contract length and 25m is max yearly salary.
So, with all of this knowledge, who is the most beneficial to me to trade? I love the value I have for Strasburg, Peavy and Dickey. Dickey could be a one hit wonder though so I may be wise to trade him? Kershaw has had an off year so far but should be worth his salary. With it backloaded he should definitely be good value at the end of the contract. Thoughts?
4) Any minor leaguers I should use as trade bait to those out of the running?
5) Any overall advice is greatly appreciated.