Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

keeper trade help!!! 20 team league!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

keeper trade help!!! 20 team league!!!

Postby ljb469 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:06 pm

It's a twenty team keeper, keep all but 5, I'm trading d.Paedrioa, r.soriano, and mo Rivera for Edwin encarcon, Omar infante and Josh Willingham, I'm 5th in my division, top 4 make playoffs, I think its def a good deal for this year but am I selling pedrioa too cheap for the long haul
ljb469
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: keeper trade help!!! 20 team league!!!

Postby ljb469 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Please excuse my misspelling of names, my phone can be weird about autospell
ljb469
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 pm

i dont do that trade.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Postby mcmbpd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:21 pm

I agree, I don't like that deal for you...you are obviously trying to make a move to get into the playoffs here but you're right in that you are selling Peds for way too little here. I just don't think those three players make the difference and put you over the top for a champioship this year. No go
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garretterik » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:27 pm

OK, this helps your team definately for this year. You lose saves, but gain in every offensive category.
In terms of the future. Pedroia is probably the best player in the deal. A possible .300 hitter with 20-20 power and speed who is having a down year. Now you replace him with Infante a slightly older 2B with slightly lower avg. and 10-10 power and speed. You lose the Yankees closer, but gain two young power hitters. Even if one of them flops you have two bet that either WIllingham or Encarnacion will continue producing.
Normally I don't like giving up the best player in a dealer, but I think you get the better end.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?t=449623
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MUsam3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Hard to say without seeing the rest of your roster to know how encarnacion and willingham would improve your team. My first reaction is no deal.

All 3 guys you get are over performing at least a little so far and you are selling low on Pedroia. Hard to give up a past MVP for 3 middle of the road guys.
MUsam3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:37 pm

garretterik wrote:OK, this helps your team definately for this year. You lose saves, but gain in every offensive category.
In terms of the future. Pedroia is probably the best player in the deal. A possible .300 hitter with 20-20 power and speed who is having a down year. Now you replace him with Infante a slightly older 2B with slightly lower avg. and 10-10 power and speed. You lose the Yankees closer, but gain two young power hitters. Even if one of them flops you have two bet that either WIllingham or Encarnacion will continue producing.
Normally I don't like giving up the best player in a dealer, but I think you get the better end.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?t=449623

willingham is 33 and edwin is 30 wouldnt consider that young.
omar is lucky if he can hit 10 and also never reached 50 rbis.

there is nothing special about these players.
your giving up pedroia who is arguable the 2nd best 2nd baseball in baseball and your giving up the yankee closers. i just think you can get a way better deal for these players.
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Postby MUsam3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:42 pm

BTW I'd appreciate some help as well

viewtopic.php?t=449645
MUsam3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions