Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Zambrano for Cashner?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Zambrano for Cashner?

Postby guyincognito » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 am

My team is taking a beating and now I just lost Lewis to the DL. I need some SP help this week and I just saw that Cashner is going to get called up for tomorrow's game. Should I drop Zambrano and pick up Cashner? The kid looks like he could put up some serious numbers, especially pitching in Petco. If not Zambrano, who else would you suggest I cut? I know some might say Floyd, but he has pitched really well his last two outings and he has a 2nd start coming up this week (granted against the Yankees, but still, I need the start). Do I drop any of my injured players like Buchholz? I only have two DL slots, so there are 4 bench spots being held by guys on the DL, I just can't bring myself to cut them given the size of my league and the lack of talent on the FA wire. I was forced to drop Lucroy at one point when he went on the DL and someone else snatched him up and is stashing him, so I missed out there and I'm concerned to do that with the others, but I need to win now I guess before I can worry about a few weeks from now.

14 team, H2H, Keeper League (keep 2)
B Cats: Avg, E, H, HR, OPS, R, RBI, SB
P Cats: W, L, K, QS, ERA, WHIP, HD, S

C - W.Rosario
1B - B.Belt
2B - D.Ackley
SS - J.Rollins
3B - W.Middlebrooks
OF - BJ Upton, A.Rios, J.Kubel
DH - T.Hunter
U - J.Lowrie
Bench - D.Viciedo, T.Tulowitski, J.Werth
DL - E.Longoria, R.Howard
SP - CJ Wilson, J.Peavy, C.Zambrano, Y.Gallardo
RP - R.Soriano, S.Casilla, A.Chapman, E.Frieri, F.Rodriguez
Bench - C.Lewis, C.Buchholz, G.Floyd
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Zambrano for Cashner?

Postby silverZ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:32 am

I would have dropped Werth a long time ago with all those injuries and only 2 DL spots. Broken wrists usually end up sapping a players power even after they come back. I wouldn't have a problem dropping Zambrano if you don't want to drop Werth. Cashner should rack up a K an inning, just don't expect outstanding ratios given his lack of control.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby ahcryky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks for the help with mine. Sorry for all your injuries...... Most of us have been there. I'm not a Zambrano or Floyd fan. I think they put up similar numbers, even in a 14 team league, not really seeing that much upside from either. They may put up a couple good starts, but there will be many blow ups along the way too. Of the two I would probably drop Zambrono, just because you never know where the guys head is.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 am

Drop Werth and pick up Cashner. Like Silver said if that is not an option for you then I'd drop Zambrano for Cashner. He is the real deal.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=449566
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)

Postby sclyon3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:45 pm

kidsilk wrote:Drop Werth and pick up Cashner. Like Silver said if that is not an option for you then I'd drop Zambrano for Cashner.

Agree! Thanks for the help on mine.
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions