Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who to drop? Maybin, Blanco, Gee, Parnell? WHIP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who to drop? Maybin, Blanco, Gee, Parnell? WHIP

Postby Ellsberries » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:00 am

Alright, some basic info:
I am in a 9 team, NL only rotisserie league. I am tied for second and only a couple points behind first. I have a surplus of steals and saves, and have a fairly comfortable lead in both of those categories (about 10). I am losing a lot of points in wins and batting average though. Everything else is in the 6-8 range. Here is my lineup:

I have five outfield slots, 9 for pitchers, and a utility role. Our roto categories are R,HR,RBI,SB,BA,W,SO,ERA,WHIP,SV

Wilin Rosario, C Ike Davis, 1B Dan Uggla, 2B Pablo Sandoval, 3B Jed Lowrie, SS, 3B Rafael Furcal, SS Ryan Braun, OF Michael Morse, 1B, OF Cameron Maybin, OF Melky Cabrera, OF Gregor Blanco, OF J.D. Martinez, OF Drew Stubbs*, OF DL15

Pitchers: Jonathan Papelbon, Phi RP Johnny Cueto, Cin SP Ricky Nolasco, Mia SP Aroldis Chapman, Cin RP Chad Billingsley, LAD SP Heath Bell, Mia RP Tim Hudson, Atl SP, Josh Johnson, MIA SP, Dillon Gee, NYM SP, Cliff Lee, Phi SP Matt Garza, ChC SP, Bobby Parnell NYM RP

Stubbs is still on my DL. I need to activate him, but don't know who to drop. I'm thinking Cameron Maybin, Gregor Blanco, or maybe Dillon Gee or Parnell? But I feel like all of them have a lot of potential. Who do you think I should drop?

Just leave a link and I'll help you with yours.
Thanks!
Ellsberries
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who to drop? Maybin, Blanco, Gee, Parnell? WHIP

Postby gatornuggets » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:07 am

I'm not as familiar with your league set up but if you are in greater need of offense, I'd drop Parnell. He's only a temporary closer and frankly not all that great anyways. You can always find saves later. If you need the saves in the short term (check your matchups for the next two weeks) then I would drop Maybin, not based on potential, but based on this year. Neither him or Blanco have been in the game too long which makes career stat averages less dependable. I had Maybin for a few weeks, was tired of him killing my average but I am in a mixed league. Depends how much potential you think he has for the remained of the year I guess.

Good luck.
gatornuggets
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby ahcryky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the help with mine. Looks like you need OF's and with the surplus of saves that you have I would say drop Parnell.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby guyincognito » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

Yeah, Parnell would be the guy to drop since he won't help you with either Ws or Avg which are the two cats you are trying to improve. As the other post said, he's only a temp closer and did not do a very good job in that role last year, so it should be safe to drop him. If you don't want to go that route then Maybin would be the other guy to go as he is probably the biggest contributor to killing your avg.

Help me?: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449627
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:50 am

I think since you are good in saves and SB that you are safe to drop Maybin or Parnell. Flip a coin but I think Parnell is your guy to drop as I still like Maybin's upside.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=449566
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions