Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade offer his Rizzo for my Hosmer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade offer his Rizzo for my Hosmer

Postby wankspank » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 am

Feeling a little bit like it might be worth the gamble making the trade. Isn't the upside of Rizzo quite a bit higher than Hosmer? Hosmer has a .218 ave. and an OPS of .657. He isn't exactly lighting it up. Yes he has 1 big game in the last 10, but that is his only 2 hit night in that stretch. I know Hosmer had a nice rookie season after a strong run at AAA, but isn't it possible that MLB has the book on him and he isn't the guy we thought he was going to be? Rizzo has hit the cover off the ball all year in AAA and had a nice debut. Read that he has changed his swing since his debut last season and the holes in his swing are supposedly gone. I can't see Hosmer having the upside of Rizzo anymore. Thoughts?
wankspank
T-Ball Trainer

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade offer his Rizzo for my Hosmer

Postby ahcryky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:17 am

If I had Hosmer as my only option at 1B I would go ahead and take the deal. Hosmer really hasn't shown any signs that he is going to get things going. One game here and there wouldn't get me excited about a turn around.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449618
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:10 am

Hosmer has a .218 babip.
Rizzo hasn't proved anything beyond AAA yet.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 am

With all the talks that everyone is saying about Hosmer will bring it back and to have faith and all....I'm not buying it! There are no signs of life from Hosmer and when you think he might have something going with a multi hit or HR or something then he just goes back to being cold the next game or being benched!!!

I decided to drop the bum today as I couldn't take it anymore (dropped him to pick back up Jed Lowrie who I had just dropped for Plouffe)....but didn't really need him since Miggy plays my 1B and I also have E5 and M.Teixiera so....(and Rizzo is still sitting on the WW but probably not for long since he did have an encouraging opener going 2-4 with a RBI)

I would say make the move and drop the bum for the prospect.....will be a fun ride but at least not a boring upsetting ride that Hosmer will put you thru!

Good Luck M8!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby silverZ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:10 pm

If Hosmer was in triple A he would have put up similar numbers to Rizzo. Stay with the more proven player. They have similar upside, at least Hosmer proved last year that he can hit MLB pitching.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby PhightinFils » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:02 pm

I also think you should stay the course with Hosmer. Rizzo's perceived value is way high since he has only played one game thing season, and tore things up in AAA. If you insist on making the trade, maybe wait for him to have a bad game or two before sending the trade offer, and maybe get a slightly better deal as a result
PhightinFils
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MUsam3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 pm

My answer depends on if this is a keeper league or not. If it is not a keeper league then I say probably not. Cubs offense is terrible and Rizzo has never done anything in the majors. I don't know if Hosmer turns it around this year or not but I think he has as good a chance as Rizzo

For a keeper league there is NO way I drop Hosmer for Rizzo. When Hosmer was coming up he was a top 5 prospect. Had a great first year and is struggling some this year. Rizzo on the other hand is a top 50 prospect that put up killer numbers in the PCL which is very hitter friendly.

Hosmer is considered a likely perrenial all star. Rizzo is borderline all star. I wouldn't give up on Hosmer yet in a keeper league.

Help with mine would be appreciated: viewtopic.php?t=449645
MUsam3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions