Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dropping Plouffe, who would you add? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dropping Plouffe, who would you add? WHIR

Postby mcmbpd » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm

I think I've gotten all that I'm going to get out of Plouffe at this point besides alot more Ks, lol. I'vehad him during his entire hot streak and other than the HR th other night he seems to have almost cooled of completely. Now I'm trying to figure out who to add to my team.

FA choices: Rizzo, Ike Davis, Belt, Cody Ross, Revere, or JD Martinez. Rizzo had a good first night, but he did the same thing last year when he got called up...and then plumeted for the rest of the summer, lol. I like that he's going to be hitting 3rd though. Davis is obviously a proven commodity and seems like he might be turning his season around. Belt has been playing very well since getting an everyday job, but who knows how long that will last with Bochy. Ross has been killing it since his return from the DL. Rever is still getting hits and SBs. And Martinez now has 3 HRs in his last four games...he's been so-so all year but is he hetaing up? So as you can see it's a little difficult to decide. Who would you pickup and why? Thanks in advance for you help and leave your links so I can return the favor.

-12 team, mixed, H2H league
-Offensive Catgeories: Hits, Runs, Doubles, Triples, HRs, RBIs, AVG, SBs, CS, and Ks
-Pitching Categories: Wins, Loses, Complete Games, Shut Outs, BBs, Ks, ERA, Saves, and Blown Saves

Hitters:
C Jesus Montero
1B Hosmer
2B Uggla
SS Jeter
3B Wright
OF M. Holliday
OF Jennings
OF Fowler
UTIL Middlebrooks
Bench: Plouffe, Kemp (DL), Berkman (DL)

Starting Pitching: Verlander, Price, Garza, McDonald, Vogelsong, and Nova

Closers: Jansen, Hanrahan, and Nathan (3 daily RP slots)
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dropping Plouffe, who would you add? WHIR

Postby labarbatron » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:02 am

Is Berkman on the bench or using a DL spot? If Berkman is on the bench, drop him. Not worth holding on to. If not, Drop plouffe and grab rizzo. This year is for real.
labarbatron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby mcmbpd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:18 am

Berkman is taking up 1 of my 2 DL spots along with Kemp. So your vote is to add Rizzo for Plouffe. Why is he for real this year? What makes you think this time so much diferent from his callup last season?
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby labarbatron » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:34 am

I know the numbers are almost the same compared to his last call up with the padres, but he was too young and wasn't expected to be called up till this year. He's altered his swing and he's about a tweak away from hitting fastballs at the MLB level. He's got tons of upside. The fact that they put him in the 3 hole tonight says a lot. I'd take a jump on him, if you regret it, you only gave up Plouffe.
labarbatron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby silverZ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 am

It's between Rizzo and Belt for me. I love me some young 1B that can mash. I think Rizzo has more upside due to his homepark. Belt has slightly less upside, a little safer bet due to a short run of success at MLB level. If you can tell whos going to have a better year I'd like to know where you got your crystal ball. :-b My gut says Belt. I expect him to be an everyday player from here on out.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby mcmbpd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:10 pm

ok guys, thanks for your help. I ended up dropping Plouffe and adding Rizzo f or now. I'm gonna take the rookie and hope that he can pull of some kind of Mike Troutesque production. Hopefully this will be the right decision and I made this move simply because of all the hype. Rizzo has been forced into all of our faces for weeks now and the other owners in my league do not pay as much attention to baseball as I do...but even those guys have heard all the stuff on Rizzo so I had to make a preemptive strike here. I like Belt alot alos silverZ, and I think he has some real potential to be a solid producer for ROS. It sounds like they may even move him up in the order, which is great...dunno why its taking them so long to do that with the way he's been playing. Then again we are talking about Bochy here, lol. Most of these other owners have no idea about Baby Giraffe though so I think I can just keep a close eye on him and move Rizzo for Belt if that's what the next few weeks dictate.
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby garretterik » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:45 pm

THanks for the help on mine.
I also picked up Rizzo even though I HATE THE CUBS.
I share your concern about the repeat of last year. Although I read the scouts say he completely reworked his stance and is legit. Plus he is hitting 3rd behind in a hitters friendly park.
You might try to move him for something better since there is so much hype. Actually I was surprised he was on my ww last week and still on yours.
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Quackman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:56 pm

rizzo then revere.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby mcmbpd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:17 pm

ok thanks garrett and quack...you're welcome for the help on yours, thanks for returning the favor. I actually wasn't surprised that he was still sitting there the waiver wire in my league. That's because the owners in my league are mildy baseball savy at best. Not to sound arrogant, but I know way more about fantasy baseball than they could ever dream to acheive. They just don't acre about it as much as I do...that being said i'm sitting in 11th place in that 12 team league right now, lol...so who knows more I guess, lol. The people that run the league though just limit us to very small rosters imo..we can only have 19 players in our rosters and 2 DL slots. I'm the kind of player that like 25 man rosters or so...I like to have the ability to use the waiver wire frequently and speculate trying to find the next big star. If we had bigger rosters then I'd still have Trout on my roster instead of having to drop him before he really did anything this year. I desperately want to find a nice keeper league to join with deeper rosters. Those kinds of league are more about skill and your fantasy baseball knowledge...this league is more based on pure luck and I hate that. If anybody out there has a good keeper league with an available slot please let me know, cuz I'd love to join. This other league doesn't play for money either so I don't like that aspect. I'd like to be playing for some kind of reward at the end of each year...more incentive based. The only reason I still play in this one league is because it involves some of my co-workers so it's all about winning and gragging rights for me. I hate to loose
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions