Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading for McCutchen in keeper WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading for McCutchen in keeper WHIR

Postby kslates » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 pm

I am trying to acquire McCutchen for next year as I am out of it for this year. He will be a 22nd round pick next year which is the last of his contract. His current owner wants Bauer but I don't know if I want to include him. He said he would also think about a deal with Profar or Olt with another position player. Take a look at my sig and let me know what I should offer, please. All of my prospects have 5 year contracts

10 team, H2H, 5x5 Mixed League
OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
Keep 10 MLB and 8 prospects. Lose round that player was drafted in previous draft.
Round drafted x years remaining is in parenthesis. N/A=contract expires after this year

C- Arencibia (FA x 3 yrs)
1B Duda (FA x 3 yrs)
2B Altuve (FA x 3 yrs)
3B Lawrie (rd 16 x 3 yrs)
SS Desmond (FA x 3 yrs)
OF LaHair (FA x 3 yrs) Bautista (rd 17 x 1 yrs) de Aza (FA x 3 yrs)
UT Heyward (rd 12 x 1 yr)
UT Seager (FA x 3 yrs)
BN C. Rasmus (15 x 3 yrs) C. Davis (FA x 3 yrs), LaRoche (FA x 3 yrs)
DL Stubbs (rd 4 x 3 yrs)

SP Shields (rd 7 x 1 yrs), Sanchez (rd 15 x 2 yrs), M. Harrison (FA x 3 yrs), Lincecum N/A, Masterson (rd 20 x 2 yrs), Vogelsong (FA x 3 yrs), Hanson (rd 21 x 2 yrs)
RP Casilla N/A, Nathan N/A
DL-Chacin (rd 18 x 2 yrs), Carpenter N/A
Prospects--Alonso, Bauer, Profar, W. Peralta, Paxton, Olt, Schoop, Richards, J. Baez, G. Springer, G. Brown, B. Starling, N. Eovaldi, A. Rizzo
kslates
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading for McCutchen in keeper WHIR

Postby garretterik » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:16 am

I don't know much about keepers and the minor leaguers (Other than Bauer). But I do know McCutchen is a proven stud. I am very high on Bauer, but would still trade him for McCutchen straight up. He is young and a first round consensus pick next year. I have heard about Profar, but don't know anything about Olt. So, If you can get McCuthcen for Olt/Laroche then do it.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449623
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 230)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby silverZ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 am

I wouldn't trade away Profar for anything if you're already out of it, he's going to be a stud. His stock should be even higher next year if you really want to trade him. No reason to move him now in your situation. I'd much rather have 5 years of Profar than 1 year of Cutch. Bauer for McCutchen is a decent move if you're going for it next year. Pitchers always have the injury bug hanging over them so contract length isn't as big of a deal to me. Ideally you can find a way to get Cutch without giving up Profar or Bauer. Olt is nothing special. Maybe Olt and Paxton will peak his interest? Just keep in mind that Bauer's stock is on the rise. If he starts putting up Lincecum numbers in the bigs you'll be able to get better than 1 year of Cutch for him.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby joeyg2323 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:43 am

i would do any of those trades for mccutch

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449634
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions