Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Looking to trade Pence and Sale, help needed! WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to trade Pence and Sale, help needed! WHIR!

Postby redkanefox2009 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 pm

What I would like to do is this:

I Give: Chris Sale, Hunter Pence
I Get: Matt Kemp

What I think is probably more realistic is this:

I Give: Chris Sale, Hunter Pence
I Get: Carlos Beltran

Would these be trades worth making? Particularly the Beltran one.

Leave a link and I'll help!

10 Team H2H League:
C Carlos Ruiz
1B Paul Konerko
2B Jason Kipnis
3B Miguel Cabrera
SS Alcides Escobar
OF Alex Gordon
OF Nelson Cruz
OF Hunter Pence
Util Edwin Encarnacion
Util Jason Kubel
BN Aaron Hill
BN Torri Hunter
BN Dee Gordon
SP Justin Verlander
SP Matt Cain
SP Jordan Zimmermann
RP Brandon League
RP Casey Janssen
P Dillon Gee
P Gio Gonzalez
P AJ Burnett
P Chris Sale
BN Daniel Hudson
BN Vance Worley
Last edited by redkanefox2009 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking to trade Pence and Sale, help needed! WHIR!

Postby Element » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:23 pm

I would not consider the Beltran trade. I would rather have Pence. Beltran has had a nice season so far, but that risk of injury is always going to linger in the back of my head with him. With Kemp, I highly doubt that he's going to be the fantasy stud that we saw in April. Hamstring injuries are tricky. The good news is that Kemp uses his hips and upper body to generate his power. But I would not give up anything of real value right now not knowing what his time table is. We keep hearing middle of July, but just the other day there was a report of 'soreness' after some sprints. That's pretty vague of course, but fairly worrisome.

I would keep Pence at this point, but would shop Sale hard for an upgrade somewhere.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Postby shoelace16 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Personally, I think Sale is money this yr, especially with his team being in a pennant race, there will be no innings limit on him... and Pence is money as well. As for Beltran, he's a beast, but i think between those two, you will be covered. And I wouldn't trust Kemp. Too much missed time, plus (as weve seen) re-injury is very possible. So I'd keep Pence and sale

viewtopic.php?t=449574
shoelace16
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby elraider77 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:32 pm

Beltran is an injury risk, I would consider the Kemp deal if you are in contention of a playoff spot as his appearances have been limited due to his hammy. If you are in a position to upgrade your OF slot or you can afford to obtain WW (OF) help while Kemp recovers I would pull the trigger on it. You can try to sell high on C Sale straight up for Kemp, argue that his return is a big question mark?

see mine:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449575
AJ Pierz (C)
Votto (1B)
Uggla (2B)
J Lowrie (SS)
Seager (3B)
Braun (OF)
McCutchen (OF)
Craig (OF)
Rasmus (Uti)
A Jax (Bench)

SP: Gio, Gallardo, Peavy, WMiley, A Sanchez, Zimmerman, Latos, Lincecum, T Hudson, & Halladay
RP: Hanrahan & Willhelmsen
elraider77
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StealingHome » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:39 pm

elraider77 wrote:Beltran is an injury risk, I would consider the Kemp deal if you are in contention of a playoff spot as his appearances have been limited due to his hammy. If you are in a position to upgrade your OF slot or you can afford to obtain WW (OF) help while Kemp recovers I would pull the trigger on it. You can try to sell high on C Sale straight up for Kemp, argue that his return is a big question mark?

What type of league are you in? How many teams? What are the categories? I agree. If you are comfortable in getting rid of Sale, see if you can get him straight up for Kemp. Sell high-buy low situation might work. Thanks for help with mine.
StealingHome
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)

Postby redkanefox2009 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:42 pm

10 Teams, H2H categories

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG), Extra Base Hits (XBH)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Runs (R), Earned Runs (ER), Walks (BB), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB)
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nyr199435 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Definitely no to the Beltran one. Sale + Pence is a much better value than Beltran alone. If you can swing the Kemp one I would do that though.
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -8)

Postby mcmbpd » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:41 pm

I say no to the Beltran deal. He's been a monster so far this year which only leaves him with one way to go...down. I think he reamin healthy for ROS, but I don't think he continues to produce at this rate. I would also agre with the last proposal of Sale straight up for Kemp. I'm personally banking on Matty's return, sometime after the All-Star break, and that he returns at full strength and ready to contribute to a fantasy team's playoff run. Yes, hamstring issues are tricky and we saw what happened when he returned last time, but the Dodgers and their training staff are absolutely adimant that he will not return until he's 100%...which is why we are all waiting such a long time for his return to the field. Donny baseball and the Dodgers have been playng just fine in his abscence so there is NO WAY they put him back out there until he's totally clear from this hamstring problem and ready to go. Once he does he's an absolute lock for an outstanding stretch run...in both fantasy and for the Dodgers. Pence is definitely solid, but your roster can withstand losing him and Sale if for some reason this guy accepts your offer. Sale is also guaranteed to face an innings limit at the end of the year. 3 reason supporting that fact are: 1) This is his first year in the rotation and he's expected to be a fixture in the Sox's rortation for years to come 2)he already had complaints of arm soreness in May that they apparently "corrected" with a change in routine 3) Some of the shine has already worn off and at times in his last few starts he's been very hittable, not mising as many bats as he was in the beginning of the season, batters/hitting coaches have changed their approach to Sale. Throw ontop of those reason that the White Sox already stated at the beginning of the season that Sale would have innnings limitations at the end of the season no matter what position the team was in...ala Steven Strausburg...and you have a guy who's usefullness could be limited during a fantasy playoff run. Get Kemp for Sale or get Kemp for Pence and Sale...bottom line here is get Kemp, lol.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 pm

If you can get Kemp I would do it, but I would pass on the Beltran deal.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449585
mzkp54
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pizzaboy76 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:47 am

I would not be tempted by Beltran. He's been playing out of his mind and the odds of him keeping it up are small. Especially considering how much of an injury risk he is.
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 44)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions