Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

1 DL spot - Werth, Feliz, or Morrow?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

1 DL spot - Werth, Feliz, or Morrow?

Postby pizzaboy76 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:25 pm

With only 1 DL spot, who would you hold; Werth, Feliz, or Morrow?

What is the latest on expected return dates for each of them and who has the best chance for solid production upon return?
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1 DL spot - Werth, Feliz, or Morrow?

Postby mcmbpd » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Werth is supposed to be back in late July at this point. I'd probably say that after he comes back he'd need another 4-6 weeks to get his timing back and be productive. That would put us somewhere late August or early September before he's contributing wuth any kind of regularity. I don't like wrist inuries period when we're talking about a "power hitter." For me that says Werth offers nothing to any fantasy team in 2012.

Feliz is supposed to return after the All-Star break. Now here's a power pitcher who throws harder than almost anybody in MLB right now. The fact that is elbow is the problem is very worrysome. A firballer that generates that much speed on his pitches, and torque on his arm, having an elbow injury could spell disaster imo. He porbably is going to have to go through all kinds of tests/rehab assignments before the Rangers even dream about putting him out on the mound again. If it wasn't an elbow injury then he would be my recomendation, but since it is I can't give him my endrosement with any kind of confidence.

Morrow's timetable is set for him to return smewhere around the middle of August. Apparently these obliqure injuries can be tricky in terms of how long they take to recover from. It all depends on how Morrow's body responds to the treament. If you've ever hurt/injured your abs or obliques you know that itsa very painful injury...because those muscles reside in your body's core you can experience pain when involed in almost any movement, even breathing. These types of injuries can often linger and be re-agrravated ala hamstring injuries. That being said he could also respond very well to treament and bounce back quicker than expected...though that's not the norm.

I'd say that it terms of timetables: Werth is out, not even a consideration. Feliz could potentially offer the most value here, but 'm still very hesitant to recommend him with an elbow injury. Morrow is also a good candidate in my mind. An owner recently dropped him in my league for Bauer. I'll be watching Morrow's progression very closely, because if he can return sooner or be ready to pitch at a high level in August then I'll be ready to pounce on him and add him to my roster. Hope this helps.
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby redkanefox2009 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:25 pm

I'll keep it short and sweet, I agree with the post above. If I were you I would reserve the one spot for Morrow and not focus on the rest.

Can you help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=449577
redkanefox2009
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)

Postby pizzaboy76 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:45 am

Thanks for the details!
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 44)

Postby silverZ » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 am

Beautiful response by mcmbpd. I would stash Morrow. He was one of the best pitchers in the game before going down, and isn't dealing with an arm injury.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 am

I agree with the rest...Morrow is your guy.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=449566
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)

Postby mcmbpd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 pm

You're welcome Pizza, I'm glad that I wass able to help...and thanks for the compliment silverZ, I try my best. I like that Greinke pin by the way, classic! lol
"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical." --Yogi Berra
mcmbpd
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions