Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What's good value for Longoria?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's good value for Longoria?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

AL only league, 12 teams, redraft league, 5x5 roto style, auction league. Currently in 4th place and trying to move up and I don't have closer and need power and speed. A guy in my league is willing to trade Longo and I am interested. He also has Crisp, Gardner, Zobrist, League that I am also interested in. I am having a hard time coming up with a good offer for a few of these guys as I don't want to give up too much and hurt my team in the long run. Please take a look at my team and help me out with an offer for these guys. I will post both rosters. Thanks and leave your links for help!

MY TEAM:

C-Arrencibia
C-Snyder
1B-Fielder
2B-Cano
3B-Moustakas
SS-Y.Escobar
MI-Plouffe
CI-Callaspo
OF-Cespedes
OF-Cruz
OF-Jennings
OF-Pods
OF-Smith
U-Hudson
INJ-Sweeney
Minors-Gimenez
Minors-Vlad

P-Chen
P-Davis
P-Duensing
P-Lewis
P-Perez
P-Pettitte
P-Ross
P-Sabathia
P-E.Santana
INJ-Feliz

HIS TEAM:
C-Laird
C-Pierzynski
1B-Vizquel
2B-Zobrist
3B-Figgins
SS-Peralta
MI-Punto
CI-Kotchman
OF-Crisp
OF-Fukodome
OF-Guitierrez
OF-Ibanez
OF-Kelly
U-Reynolds
INJ-Iannetta
INJ-Longoria
INJ-VMart
INJ-Keppinger
INJ-Gardner
INJ-Markakis

P-Alvarez
P-Diamond
P-Hammel
P-Hochevar
P-Kelley
P-League
P-Pryor
P-Tomlin
P-Ujehara
INJ-Joba
INJ-Paulino
INJ-Farnsworth
INJ-W. Smith
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What's good value for Longoria?(WHIR)

Postby Element » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Why bid against yourself? Send an email asking him to make the offer. If he's willing to now deal Longo after his latest set back I'd bet that he wouldn't require as much as you think. You also don't want to low ball the guy. Reach out and ask the question.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Postby guyincognito » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:05 am

Agreed. Let him make the first move and build off of that. I wouldn't focus on League if you need a closer, I don't think he gets his job back and I wouldn't target Gardner either. Who knows when or if he even comes back this season. I don't know that you want to take on two big injury question marks in one deal. Thanks for the help on mine.
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby ahcryky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks for the help with mine. With you trying to make a move I don't think trading for Longoria would be a good move, especially in a non-keeper. It will probably take at least two decent players to land him. Closers show up all year long. I wouldn't focus on Crisp, he WILL get hurt. The Yankees are playing it really cautious with Gardner, so you might have to wait it out a little longer for him, but he would be cheaper then the other guy I would target, Zobrist. Is there no bench in this league? Also I'm kind of confused that you have Minor league batters but this is a redraft?
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sclyon3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks for your help on mine. You kind of confirmed how I was feeling.

For yours, I agree with the 2 guys above me. You never know how another guy values his guy (or yours for that matter). He might not value him as highly as you do and give you a great deal. Also, you don't wanna offer him something he considers a low ball. That's never a good way to start negotiations.

These deals are tricky, so I say show your interest and see where that takes you.

Good luck!
sclyon3
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions