Return to Franchise Player Draft

Chitter Chatter

Chitter Chatter

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:46 am

All chit chat goes here. WackyMBS can take care of the rest.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 110)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Chitter Chatter

Postby CadensDad » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:30 pm

I say 6 rounds is the max we go, At least 3 rounds is the least. I prefer 4/5
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheBull » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:56 pm

4-6 sounds about right to me.
TheBull
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 101)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:10 pm

CadensDad wrote: At least 3 rounds is the least.

I think you said that already you said.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 110)

Postby kab21 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:19 am

I actually like the one round version. I understand why some think it is boring but it's about selecting one player that you want to build your franchise around regardless of any other players that you take. going 3-5 rds is turning this just into a big dynasty mock draft. Been there and done that. I'm less interested in that personally and prefer to focus on a single player.
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 83)

Postby Element » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:42 pm

kab21 wrote:I actually like the one round version. I understand why some think it is boring but it's about selecting one player that you want to build your franchise around regardless of any other players that you take. going 3-5 rds is turning this just into a big dynasty mock draft. Been there and done that. I'm less interested in that personally and prefer to focus on a single player.

I kind of agree, but I'm down for anything. Having three rounds does give us something close to a top 100 list.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 33)

Postby J35J » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:05 pm

I like 2 or 3 rounds
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 49)

Postby MashinSpuds » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:23 pm

kab21 wrote:I actually like the one round version. I understand why some think it is boring but it's about selecting one player that you want to build your franchise around regardless of any other players that you take. going 3-5 rds is turning this just into a big dynasty mock draft. Been there and done that. I'm less interested in that personally and prefer to focus on a single player.

;-D This will be an interesting activity, but does anyone really want to just read a list of 90 - 180 players? I like the one round version the most, but if it's a few rounds then so be it. 4+ rounds is a bit much given the amount of people involved.

If we go one round, it might be valuable to have people write a sentence or two about why they chose the player. At least it would all look like more than just a standard dynasty keeper list.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to Franchise Player Draft