- Don't call it a comeback: In his last 8 games, Albert Pujols is 9 for 32 (.281), with 3 HR and 8 RBI and that good old familiar 1:1 BB/K ratio. I'm quickly reminded of that scene from Little Big League where Mack says to Billy Haywood "Son, don't you think there's something wrong when you get this excited over a seeing-eye-single?" But deep down, I can feel it, this is the start. By the break we won't realize there was an imposter batting third for the Angels for 7 weeks. Lets go!!!!
- I traded for Lincecum last night. God speed to me.
- They're not saying Yoooooooooouuk: Kevin Youkilis returned to action last night and hit a home run in his second at bat. Great sign. Maybe more important to fantasy owners..Will Middlebrooks looks like he will continue to see full time at bats, and if your OF is getting a little thin, Agonz is only a few more games away from helping in yahoo!
- So last night Michael Bourn hit 2 home runs, 12.5% of his career output. Matt Cain got six runs of support as well..just your standard Tuesday
- Well played, Dr. Andrews: Adam Wainwright with a 4 hitter at Busch last night, blanking the Padres and also striking out a batter per inning. Wainwright starting to round into form, great sign for his owners.
Boston Red Sox @ Baltimore Orioles
Daniel Bard (3-5, INF) vs Jake Arrieta (2-4, 4.72)
NY Mets @ Pittsburgh Pirates
Jon Niese (2-2, 4.85) vs Charlie Morton (2-4, 4.35)
San Francisco Giants at Milwaukee Brewers
Barry Zito (3-1, 3.00) vs Marco Estrada (0-3, 4.63)
Toronto Blue Jays @ Tampa Bay Rays
Ricky Romero (5-1, 3.64) vs Matt Moore (1-4, 5.07)
LA Angels @ Oakland Athletics
Jered Weaver (6-1, 2.80) vs Jarrod Parker (1-2, 3.90)
Texas Rangers @ Seattle Mariners
Scott Feldman (0-1, 3.00) vs Kevin Millwood (wow good for him, 2-4, 4.17)
Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians
Doug Fister (0-2, 1.59) vs Zach McAllister (Who Cares, N/A)
KC Royals @ NY Yankees
Will Smith (0-0, 0.00) vs Andy Pettitte (1-1, 2.51)
Washington Nationals @ Philadelphia Phillies
Edwin Jackson (1-1, 3.31) vs Cole Hamels (6-1, 2.48)
Atlanta Braves @ Cincinnati Reds
Tommy Hanson (5-3, 3.31) vs Bronson Arroyo (2-2, 3.46)
Colorado Rockies @ Miami Marlins
Alex White (0-3, 5.09) vs Carlos Zambrano (2-2, 1.96)
Chicago Cubs @ Houston Astros
Jeff Samardzija (4-2, 3.00) vs Wandy Rodriguez (3-4, 2.24)
Minnesota Twins @ Chicago White Sox
Scott Diamond (3-0, 1.40) vs Chris Sale (4-2, 2.91)
San Diego Padres @ St. Louis Cardinals
Jeff Suppan (2-2, 3.00) vs Lance Lynn (6-1, 2.31)
LA Dodgers @ Arizona Diamondbacks
Ted Lilly (5-0, 1.79) vs Joe Saunders (2-3, 3.55)
I know this might be a little early, but I saw BH's cry for help and thought I'd do my part. Oh and if you don't want to have your Wednesday blown up, Sit Lilly down tonight. That ERA is going to start correcting itself tonight. Consider yourself warned!!
Why don't they just get a house that's already painted?