No new front-page article today, so I'll contribute by making this thread.
- The top-rated soap of the 2012 season is "As the Closer Blows," and yesterday we were privy to breakout performances by David Robertson (0.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K), Steve Cishek (1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K), John Axford (1 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K) and Sean Marshall (0.2 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, but no blown save). The only one I'm sweating is Cishek, and I'd make sure Mujica is owned universally.
- Meanwhile, guys that locked down saves on Wednesday include Rafel Dolis, Casey Janssen and Logan Ondrusek. You cannot make this stuff up.
- Zack Grienke's brilliant start (8 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 11 K) didn't get him the win thanks to Axford, but this Grienke owner was thrilled by the performance anyway.
- Edwin Encarnacion broke an 0-for-18, five-game slump with a eighth-inning home run. He's now hitting .269, down from .320 on May 2. The time to sell high may have passed you by.
- Adam Dunn connected for his 10th HR while striking out for the 4,000th game in a row (or so). Dunn looks like he could make a run at 40 HRs while subsequently striking out 200 times.
- Ike Davis went 2-for-4 with his fourth HR of the year, which sadly only brings his average up to .179. He now has 19 hits all season.
- Mike Trout went 3-for-5 atop the Angels lineup as they finally scored some runs for Ervin Santana, who picked up his first win. Better yet, Albert Pujols collected two hits. Seems like the Trout promotion came just in time, as Pujols finally has a role model on which to learn how to hit.
- Tim Lincecum gave up four runs on eight hits and two walks in five innings to move to 2-3. In related news, GiantsFan14's relationship status on Facebook changed from "in a relationship" to "it's complicated."
TEX: Lewis (3-1, 2.97 ERA)
BAL: Chen (2-0, 2.76 ERA)
TEX: Holland (2-2, 4.43 ERA)
BAL: Hunter (2-1, 5.00 ERA)
WAS: Strasburg (2-0, 1.66 ERA)
PIT: Correia (1-2, 3.38 ERA)
TB: Price (5-1, 2.35 ERA)
NYY: Sabathia (4-0, 4.15)
CLE: Lowe (4-1, 2.39 ERA)
BOS: Beckett (2-3, 4.45 ERA)
TOR: Alvarez (2-2, 2.83 ERA)
MIN: Marquis (2-1, 5.40 ERA)
DET: Scherzer (1-3, 6.32 ERA)
OAK: Colon (3-2, 2.83 ERA)
Last edited by daullaz on Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.