Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/7 Cheering, Venting, and DHs getting the W

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 5/7 Cheering, Venting, and DHs getting the W

Postby CharlatanSin » Mon May 07, 2012 3:56 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
brock middlebrook wrote:Humber posts decent number in '11, a perfect game in '12 and then completely melts down

wow

Yeah, it's crazy. I have to admit I took the bait after the perfect game when I saw his 2011 numbers 3.75 ERA and 1.18 WHIP over 163 IP. He hurls a perfecto for a team that looks to be clicking right now and I figured he could be a WW gem, but 8+ ERs in 2 of his last 3 is absolutely brutal. Maybe his arm hasn't fully recovered from the perfect game?

I remember David Cone had something like a 5+ ERA for the rest of his career after his perfect game.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CharlatanSin » Mon May 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Choo is running since coming back from his hammy, and he's starting to hit a bit, too. The optimist in me is thinking a breakout's right around the corner. The other guy says he's going to break his leg.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby BChinly » Mon May 07, 2012 4:14 pm

How do you guys feel about mike aviles? Got offered him for brandon morrow in my dynasty league. I'm pretty equal in pitching and hitting but just lost luebke :(.
Bringing back Activeness with Boredom.
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 37)

Postby thatguy27 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:32 pm

BChinly wrote:How do you guys feel about mike aviles? Got offered him for brandon morrow in my dynasty league. I'm pretty equal in pitching and hitting but just lost luebke :(.

No way I'd give up Morrow for Aviles in a dynasty league. Morrow has ace potential.

Aviles is a nice player in a great situation right now. As long as he's hitting near the top of that Red Sox lineup, he should continue to put up solid run and decent rbi numbers, but he doesn't have a ton of pop or speed (i'd say maybe 15 HR, 15 SB, with the potential for 20-20 if everything falls right), with an average in the .280 to .290 range.
Last edited by thatguy27 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby BChinly » Mon May 07, 2012 4:36 pm

thatguy27 wrote:
BChinly wrote:How do you guys feel about mike aviles? Got offered him for brandon morrow in my dynasty league. I'm pretty equal in pitching and hitting but just lost luebke :(.

No way I'd give up Morrow for Aviles in a dynasty league. Morrow has ace potential.

Aviles is a nice player in a great situation right now. As long as he's hitting near the top of that Red Sox lineup, he should continue to put up solid run and decent rbi numbers, but he doesn't have a ton of pop or speed (i'd say maybe 15 HR, 10 SB), with an average in the .280 to .290 range.

That's what I figured. But morrow always has the potential to blow up in a good way or bad. Thanks.
Bringing back Activeness with Boredom.
BChinly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 37)

Postby rjforlife » Mon May 07, 2012 5:00 pm

2 start week for Humber so I gave him a shot. Now my ratios are wrecked for the week. Thanks a lot Phil......and the 1 K was SOOOOO worth it too, D-Bag.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Mon May 07, 2012 5:13 pm

CharlatanSin wrote:Choo is running since coming back from his hammy, and he's starting to hit a bit, too. The optimist in me is thinking a breakout's right around the corner. The other guy says he's going to break his leg.

Unfortuntaly he's not in the lineup for game 2 today.
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 07, 2012 6:19 pm

the Rockies are calling up prospect Christian Friedrich to start Wednesday in San Diego against the Padres. is this guy worth a pick up for that start?
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Element » Mon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:the Rockies are calling up prospect Christian Friedrich to start Wednesday in San Diego against the Padres. is this guy worth a pick up for that start?

Anyone .... and I mean anyone .... is worth a start against the Padres.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 28)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm

for what it's worth, Andy Dirks of the Tigers is batting 2nd again tonight. his value goes up if he's batting 2nd in front of Cabrera/Fielder.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers