News, Notes & mostly Nonsense:
- Leading news yesterday that Jered Weaver no hit the Minnesota Twins.
- Carlos Beltran hit 2 more HRs. He plays like he wants to sign another $100+ million contract.
- Heath Bell might be pitching his way onto the DL.
- The Twins are trying hard to get into the record books. They haven't had a hit in the last 15 innings, and keep trying to stay away from first base via base hit as long as they can. Guinness Book already sent officials to verify the Twins record attempt.
- Recent study confirms that Roy Halladay is human after all.
- Adam Dunn apparently can hit.
After more than a year he got his bats returned, that were reported lost last season.
UPS spokesman said that this febuary they found a large unmarked package with baseball bats inside. After thorough investigation, they were able to identify the owner of the package, and finally delivered it to Adam Dunn.
- A football game broke out in Atlanta yesterday. The Phillies scored the only touchdown of the game but the Braves won it by kicking 5 field goals. After the game Charlie Manuel was confident that despite this loss, they will win the Superbowl.
- Clint Hurdle was stuck in the clubhouse restroom at Busch Stadium yesterday, and could not get to A.J. Burnett before he gave up 12 earned runs.
Burnett will try his luck in hide and seek today, when he tries to hide from the media, the fans, and the people of earth.
- Mark Prior leaves the Disabled List organization, where he spent most of his carrier, and looks to sign with the Boston Red Sox.
- Matt Kemp failed to hit a Home Run for two days in a row.
It is a huge concern right now, and raising red flags all over fantasy land.
- Albert Pujols still waiting for his talent to arrive from St. Louis, but Custums clearence process yet to be completed. Customs spokesman said that "a lengthy quarantine of the talent is a possiblity", while Custums officials and a Homeland Security officers try to determine if it presents a threat to national security.
Insider informant revealed that Customs officials are actually Cardinals fans.
PHI: Blanton (2-3, 3.81 ERA)
ATL: Delgado (2-2, 3.00 ERA)
CHC: Dempster (0-1, 1.33 ERA)
CIN: Bailey (1-2, 3.60 ERA)
SEA: Millwood (0-2, 5.24 ERA)
TB: Niemann (1-3, 3.86 ERA)
PIT: Bedard (1-4, 2.48 ERA)
STL: Westbrook (3-1, 1.30 ERA)
MIA: Sanchez (1-0, 2.73 ERA)
SF: Vogelsong (0-1, 4.19 ERA)
ARI: Kennedy (3-0, 3.37 ERA)
WSH: Detwiler (2-1, 1.64 ERA)
CLE: Masterson (0-2, 5.40 ERA)
CHW: Danks (2-3, 6.23 ERA)
NYY: Phelps (0-0, 3.57 ERA)
KC: Duffy (1-2, 3.63 ERA)
TOR: Morrow (2-1, 3.03 ERA)
LAA: Haren (1-1, 3.34 ERA)
Last edited by Syfo-Dyas on Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
the awesome sig by soty
"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)