Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need pitching

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:59 am

I need some pitching so I'm going to shop some hitting. I'm thinking of Jay Bruce. Who are some pitchers you think I could get for Bruce? I drafted him this year and he can be kept 3 more years after this year. 12 team 5 x5 mixed.
My hitting is fine . I'm tied for third overall and that without Bautista hitting a lick. I can afford to trade some hitting.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 479)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Need pitching

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:06 am

Bruce isn't hitting much right now so you most likely won't be able to land a stud like Greinke or Felix. You could start a tier below for Bumgarner or Cain type. It would help if you found a trading partner and posted his roster.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 48)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:14 am

I do have a guy in my league that likes to trade. He has Josh Johnson and lester. I was thinking of offering him Bruce and Ervin Santana for either Lester or Johnson and Dexter Fowler
I tried getting CC Sabathia for Bruce but he came back with wanting Braun.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 am

LOL Braun for CC...

I would take JJ or Lester for Bruce if you really need the pitching that bad. Personally I have no faith in JJ staying healthy so of the two I would prefer Lester. In a vacuum I still think Bruce has more value than you'll get for him right now.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am

I'm next to last in Wins and ERA. Last in K's and nineth in Whip. I do have Kershaw and Verlander but its not enough.
I offered Bautista to the Grienke owner but he also came back with Braun. Not about to make that trade either.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby silverZ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

Wow...I would have jumped all over Joey Bats for Greinke in a heartbeat...You have Verlander and Kershaw? You don't need another ace. Trade one of your hot non stud bats for a pitcher. Your league mate clearly doesn't understand sample size if he's rejecting Bautista for Greinke.
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby ahcryky » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:55 am

Worst thing you can do is panic and try to trade a stud bat for a pitcher. Sounds like these two teams that you are trying to trade with are a little diusional in values. If some offered me Bautista for my Greinke I would have jumped all over that. My pitching would have to be REALLY weak not to accept that. There aren't any pitchers I would trade 1/1 for Braun. Bruce should get you a decent pitcher in return in normal trading. But with what I'm seeing in teams value, probably not going to happen unless Bruce goes on a tear or they are a Reds fan.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=445250
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 pm

I sent a note to the owner of Lester . I offered Bruce but I doubt he takes it. If he doesn't take Bruce for Lester I doubt he will do JJ. But I will ask. Another option might be Ian Kennedy for Bruce from a different manager but again doubtful.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Surfs up » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:09 pm

The manager of lester said he would accept Bruce and Ervin Santana for his Lester and Fowler. think I should do this deal? I have Gardner on my DL so i can drop Fowler when he comes back. Maybe try to trade him first. thoughts?
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Hopscotch Assasin » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Try and get Johnson but thats if you really...really..need the pitching.
C-Mcann P=Halladay,J.Santana,Hamels,Haren,Greinke,CJ Wil,,Valverde,Axford,H.rodriguez
1B-Cuddyer
2B-Uggla
3B-Wright
SS-Andrus
2B/SS-Kipnis
3B/1B-Encarnacion
OF-Gordon
OF-Soo choo
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Holliday
OF-Kendrick,H
UTL-Werth