Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Lock for the Championship? WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lock for the Championship? WHIR!

Postby bobsnits » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:25 am

Your team looks really good. I'd drop Smoak, though, and pickup Ibanez--he's old, but he's looking good right now and he plays for the Yankees, which means lots of opportunities for runs and RBIs.

viewtopic.php?t=443685
bobsnits
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aerrico » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:57 am

interchange wrote:I'm not sold. Outside of Haren and Greinke, your starters are not looking good enough to me.

+1 on this big time. I don't think Tim Hudson is a reliable enough fantasy starter to be excited to have him. He's solid, but nothing to go crazy over.

The offense looks pretty good especially for a 12 team league, but I'm not sure about the starters.

This team is pretty balanced and is solid don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be willing to sit back and consider it a lock for the championship. Definitely keep your eyes peeled for SP free agents
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby northjersey78 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:38 am

bobsnits wrote:Your team looks really good. I'd drop Smoak, though, and pickup Ibanez--he's old, but he's looking good right now and he plays for the Yankees, which means lots of opportunities for runs and RBIs.

viewtopic.php?t=443685

Funny you mention that, I actually just picked up Ibanez a few days ago.
Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Rangers, Devils, Isanders, Knicks, Nets, Rutgers
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby northjersey78 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:40 am

aerrico wrote:
interchange wrote:I'm not sold. Outside of Haren and Greinke, your starters are not looking good enough to me.

+1 on this big time. I don't think Tim Hudson is a reliable enough fantasy starter to be excited to have him. He's solid, but nothing to go crazy over.

The offense looks pretty good especially for a 12 team league, but I'm not sure about the starters.

This team is pretty balanced and is solid don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't be willing to sit back and consider it a lock for the championship. Definitely keep your eyes peeled for SP free agents

Thanks for the input. Do you think I have room to move any offense to upgrade one of my starters? I went with starters w/ upside - Kuroda, Cueto, Jurrjens and Hughes...but I agree, it was tough to not have a true "ace" - Haren & Greinke are 1 notch below that, I'd say.
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby aerrico » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 pm

I think you have a few options if you want to try to move some players for a starting pitcher...

You can either package a lesser offensive player at a deep position (such as outfield) with Greinke/Haren and go get a true ace like Kershaw or Halladay if possible.

The other option, and in my opinion the more intriguing one, is to sell high on David Freese. I know he's coming off the red hot post season and has had a ridiculous start to 2012, but it is for that exact reason that you may be able to get insane value for him right now from another owner in your league. I wold not dump him by any means, I would try to use him as a key piece to go get another tier 2 starting pitcher (much like a Greinke or Haren) and then you would have three of those tier 2 pitchers on your staff, which would make your overall team much more well rounded and extremely tough to compete with. I think that your offense is good enough to sustain a loss to Freese and that adding another very solid starter could really put your team over the top.

Having trouble getting opinions on my team:
viewtopic.php?t=443693
aerrico
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby northjersey78 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:10 pm

aerrico wrote:I think you have a few options if you want to try to move some players for a starting pitcher...

You can either package a lesser offensive player at a deep position (such as outfield) with Greinke/Haren and go get a true ace like Kershaw or Halladay if possible.

The other option, and in my opinion the more intriguing one, is to sell high on David Freese. I know he's coming off the red hot post season and has had a ridiculous start to 2012, but it is for that exact reason that you may be able to get insane value for him right now from another owner in your league. I wold not dump him by any means, I would try to use him as a key piece to go get another tier 2 starting pitcher (much like a Greinke or Haren) and then you would have three of those tier 2 pitchers on your staff, which would make your overall team much more well rounded and extremely tough to compete with. I think that your offense is good enough to sustain a loss to Freese and that adding another very solid starter could really put your team over the top.

Having trouble getting opinions on my team:
viewtopic.php?t=443693

Yeah I am trying to package someone off to a hot start like Freese along with one of my non Haren/ Greinke starters for an upgrade. I still think Haren & Greinke will be very productive this year so I hesitate to unload them just yet.
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby northjersey78 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:12 am

Well, Jurrjens and Hughes have been pure garbage so far...good thing I lucked out with a late round pick in Losche.
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby MrInspirational550 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:49 am

pretty good man if anything id get another big pitcher somehow
MrInspirational550
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby northjersey78 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am

Well now I am screwed with Walden being demoted...relief pitcher is always the wild card in this league.
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby northjersey78 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:42 pm

Just got offered Joe Nathan for David Freese...
northjersey78
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team