Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keep Longoria or Kimbrel?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keep Longoria or Kimbrel?

Postby jws413 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:43 pm

I am in a 10 team keeper league and am trying to decide who to keep. My first keeper is Albert Pujols. If I kept Longoria too, then I would be giving up my first two picks. Last year I picked up Kimbrel in the late rounds and would therefore be able to keep him and still get a second pick. Is it worth it?
jws413
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keep Longoria or Kimbrel?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:56 pm

jws413 wrote:I am in a 10 team keeper league and am trying to decide who to keep. My first keeper is Albert Pujols. If I kept Longoria too, then I would be giving up my first two picks. Last year I picked up Kimbrel in the late rounds and would therefore be able to keep him and still get a second pick. Is it worth it?

depends who would be available with that second pick. if you can get similar value back then sure take kimbrel. if most of the top talent is gone, then i'd take longoria.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -57)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MaudDib » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jws413 wrote:I am in a 10 team keeper league and am trying to decide who to keep. My first keeper is Albert Pujols. If I kept Longoria too, then I would be giving up my first two picks. Last year I picked up Kimbrel in the late rounds and would therefore be able to keep him and still get a second pick. Is it worth it?

depends who would be available with that second pick. if you can get similar value back then sure take kimbrel. if most of the top talent is gone, then i'd take longoria.

Agreed. Depends on who you think will be available. I would lean towards keeping Longoria because RP in a 10 team league will be plentiful and Longoria is worth a 2nd round pick but if you could get him or something similar in the 2nd round then I would do it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -31)

Postby joeyg2323 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:30 pm

who going to be available when you pick in the 2nd?

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=441995
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 50)

Postby letter18 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:54 pm

MaudDib wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

Agreed. Depends on who you think will be available. I would lean towards keeping Longoria because RP in a 10 team league will be plentiful and Longoria is worth a 2nd round pick but if you could get him or something similar in the 2nd round then I would do it.

Pretty much this. Yea you are giving up your first two picks but well worth it as far as I'm concerned. Longoria's peripherals just scream huge year at some point, and this one is as good as any.

Yea you won't get a closer like kimbrell later on but There's too much value in longo to keep a closer. If you can get a top 3rd basemen at that point maybe keep kimbrell but i still probably wouldnt just because kimbrell's workload scares me a bit.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=441994
letter18
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: -6)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions