Free Competitive League Features:
* Very active commissioner: always looking for ways to streamline/improve the FCL.
* Strong competition: our owners read rotoworld, participate at cafe, subscribe to fangraphs, baseball prospectus, baseball forecaster, etc.
* Engaged/active owners. All 10 owners are constantly seeking to improve their teams in the FCL.
* Unique AL & NL split format.
There are 5 of 10 teams available. This is a Auction Live Draft (non keeper) league.
Standard Yahoo set up (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util Util, 9 Pitchers, 5 Bench, 1 DL).
League particulars (standard yahoo format, nothing funny, only addition is the $100 FAAB budget:
League Name: Free Competitive League
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Sun Apr 1 5:30pm PDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 10
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 5, 2012
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1400
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Wednesday, Mar 28
Stat Categories: standard 5x5 (RBI, R, AVG, HR, SB, W, S, K, ERA, WHIP)
Some additional details:
- * Commissioner reviews trades (prevents team owners from vetoing trades out of spite/jealousy). Only trades that get vetod are trades with obvious/intended collusion. In my 5 years as commissioner never had to veto a trade.
* There's a $100 FAAB budget with blind bidding system.
* Live draft date is Sunday March 25 @ 5:30pm PST (AL), and the following Sunday April 1st @ 5:30pm PST (NL). these dates are concrete/permanent, if you can't make them, don't request a team.
By requesting a team, you're *committing* to 2 leagues (the AL & NL only counterpart) both leagues are identical in format. The camaraderie between both leagues makes things exciting and fun. If you're last in one league, you might be first in the other.
Teams available (if awarded a team, you will be emailed (attachment) the avatar image to upload that goes with the team name below). These team names are mandatory, and go with the lore/history of the FCL. You must enter your city in front of the team name when registering. E.g. Los Angeles Gobirds, St Louis 30 jacks, Omaha Argghh!! .. etc.
1. 30 Jacks
3. Arghh!! (pirate reference)
4. Rage Toads
5. Lumber Kings
If interested in taking one of the following 5 available teams, send me an email with a brief fantasy resume, and a line or two about why you would be a great fit. MyRotoChallenge@gmail.com or text @ 626-539-5622 (this is a text only phone plan).