So I went Hamels, Greinke went next pick...and all the others fell (Price, Gallardo, Haren, Lester)
This league LOVES pitching.
My pick now and I don't pick again for 15 picks.
Best available at positions of need that I'm considering:
C: McCann, Wieters (too early in my opinion for either, but they both may be gone by next pick...after these guys is Russel Martin, though I like Salvador Perez as a possible position filler)
SS: Rollins (feels like a reach, but Jeter is the next in line)
OF: Pence, Crawford, Bruce (I'm intrigued by either of these 3 guys...Victorino, Choo, Ichiro, C. Young, A. Jones next in line)
SP: Cain, Garza (seems like a stretch, but there will be a lot of SP off the board by next go round...Josh Johnson, Hanson, Darvish, Scherzer, Ubaldo, Carp, Wandy, Jaime next in line)
Also, David Wright is available, but my plan was to roll with Lawrie.
Here is a glimpse at the starts of other staffs:
1) SABATHIA, HELLICKSON (will probably go SP)
2) VERLANDER, STRAS, CAHILL (may go SP)
3) LINCECUM, BUM, PINEDA (he will go SP next pick still)
4) BECKETT, LATOS (will go SP next pick)
5) SHIELDS, ZIMMERMANN (will go SP next pick or 2)
6) KERSHAW, HAREN, ROMERO, ERVIN
7) WEAVER, GREINKE, MARCUM
8) FELIX, PRICE, WILSON (will probably go 1 SP before me)
9) HALLADAY, LEE, KENNEDY, WORLEY
10) GALLARDO, D. HUDSON, MORROW
11) LESTER, GIO, T. HUDSON (will probably go SP)
I see potentially 7 or 8 SP gone by next pick.
If I take SP it opens up my next pick for SS (Rollins gone so I'll ignore), C (McCann/Wieters gone so I'll ignore), OF (probably C. Young or Ichiro around and that isn't great either).
If I go any other position, I have to take SP next go-round.
This is mainly to get my thoughts in line, but thoughts on OF or where you'd go? I've never been a Pence guy and I'm intrigued by Crawford given what else is left...Bruce, pretty inconsistent, but potential. The "KO-BB" category is a killer with him.
SS: Bonifacio at this point
SP: M. Moore