abellone wrote:Thanks for all the help. What round would you begin drafting pitching?
I usually don't take any pitching until the 8th or 9th round. Load up on lumber while you can, there's always pitching to be found later in the draft.
I actually did a 12-team mock draft from the 5th spot earlier today, so very similar to where you'll be at. These were my first 10 picks, after that I had to cook dinner, so it went on auto from there and isn't remotely useful in terms of information.
1. Ryan Braun (Mil - OF)
2. Mike Stanton (Mia - OF)
3. Mark Teixeira (NYY - 1B) [Pretty surprised he fell to me here]
4. Starlin Castro (ChC - SS)
5. Jay Bruce (Cin - OF)
6. Howie Kendrick (LAA - 1B,2B,OF) [Kind of a panic pick here...2B's were being gobbled up.]
7. Aramis Ramirez (Mil - 3B)
8. Matt Moore (TB - RP)
9. Michael Pineda (NYY - SP)
10. Alex Avila (Det - C)
Not saying that lineup is perfect, but I'd be pretty happy with those as my first 10 picks in my real draft coming up. Those boys should do pretty well for me on the offensive side of the ball.