Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Right Stats

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Right Stats

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:52 am

This is driving me crazy. I'm looking for the average fantasy line for a given position for a given year. Like, the average shortstop had this AVG/RBI/Runs/HR/SB line for 2007. Basically, the basis for any argument about position scarcity. This shouldn't be difficult information to come by and yet I messed around baseball sites for fifteen minutes and couldn't come up with it.

In a more general sense, when you get a question stuck in your head like that about aggregate stats or splits or something, is there a site that's your go-to source?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Right Stats

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:15 am

Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: The Right Stats

Postby Ender » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:51 am

Unless you play in a really really deep or really really shallow league position scarcity isn't more than a tie breaker for when to draft players so I wouldn't be too worried about it. About the only time it is a big deal is in 2 C leagues. Every year I do my own projections and at the end of the day position scarcity only shifts player values by like $1-$2 outside of C because dual position players go to the scarcer position and Util eats up enough of the extra CI that it makes up the difference. This year in particular OF is extra deep and 1B is a lot more shallow than normal so it just makes scarcity even more of a non factor. The one position I don't want to miss out on in the first half of the draft is 3B.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Return to Baseball Leftovers