Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby BobbysCox » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Standard 5x5, 12 team $260 keeper. Players cost $4 more each year to keep.

Who would you rather keep: Pence at $22, or Granderson at $19? ( I currently have Granderson).

I was thinking about offering Granderson for Pence + Jacob Turner(free to keep this year, $10 next year)

Thoughts?
BobbysCox
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 25
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby fast dogs » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:50 pm

still gotta go Granderson here even if the salaries were reversed. Many are expecting Grand to fall back some from last years gaudy #'s, but until then this is not a swap you'd make. $10 for Turner next year isn't a sure thing great either. pass
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2595
(Past Year: 144)
Joined: 16 Dec 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:03 pm

fast dogs wrote:still gotta go Granderson here even if the salaries were reversed. Many are expecting Grand to fall back some from last years gaudy #'s, but until then this is not a swap you'd make. $10 for Turner next year isn't a sure thing great either. pass


Agreed. I think Granderson will regress, but not to the point of Pence (just yet). And Granderson has the salary advantage. I'd like to see a full season from Turner before I'd be fully confident in him.
Image
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1717
Joined: 2 Jan 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Rome in all of its glory...

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Granderson for $2 less? I'd take him by a pretty big margin.
Image
25
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14179
(Past Year: 302)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:54 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Granderson for $2 less? I'd take him by a pretty big margin.


100% agreed. He'd have to be, oh, $10 more to make me even think about keeping Pence over him.

Pence 2011: .314 AVG - 84 Runs - 97 RBI - 22 HR - 8 SB

Granderson 2011: .262 AVG - 136 Runs - 119 RBI - 41 HR - 25 SB.

Just how much are you expecting Granderson to regress?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 9)
Joined: 2 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Take the Grandy Man here.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 25271
(Past Year: 716)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby ensanimal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:58 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Granderson for $2 less? I'd take him by a pretty big margin.




Yup. ;-D
ensanimal
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10633
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tim Horton's

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby sfjb » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:38 pm

Grandy easy.
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 194
Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pence vs Granderson WHIR

Postby MaudDib » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
fast dogs wrote:still gotta go Granderson here even if the salaries were reversed. Many are expecting Grand to fall back some from last years gaudy #'s, but until then this is not a swap you'd make. $10 for Turner next year isn't a sure thing great either. pass


Agreed. I think Granderson will regress, but not to the point of Pence (just yet). And Granderson has the salary advantage. I'd like to see a full season from Turner before I'd be fully confident in him.

Have to agree. I don't see Granderson hitting 40 HR but he will out produce Pence and he is cheaper than Pence. I also worry that Turner might take the Porcello route rather than dominate immediately.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

Image
MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 8018
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests