Return to Baseball Leftovers

When does Yahoo Launch?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: When does Yahoo Launch?

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:In short, this will happen for any player who pitched last year as both a starter and reliever, but didn't qualify for either. That currently would be 6 guys:

Rick VandenHurk
Alex Sanabia
Matt Moore
Brandon Dickson
Brad Peacock
Dellin Betances

All the Rick VandenHurk fans out there can rest easy; he should now have SP and RP eligibility. In case anyone cares, the other 5 guys have also been fixed: Sanabia and Peacock are now SP, Moore and Dickson are both RP, and VandenHurk and Betances are now both. And again, none of this was subjective; each determination is based on which role they filled more last season. I think it is likely when we fix this for the long run so that nobody ends up just a P we'll also change it to not count postseason appearances, but I can note that even if you ignore the postseason Moore had one start and 2 relief appearances last year.

These changes won't be visible in live drafts going on today, but should be visible in tomorrow's drafts. All changes should be visible on the site now.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:55 pm

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:In short, this will happen for any player who pitched last year as both a starter and reliever, but didn't qualify for either. That currently would be 6 guys:

Rick VandenHurk
Alex Sanabia
Matt Moore
Brandon Dickson
Brad Peacock
Dellin Betances

All the Rick VandenHurk fans out there can rest easy; he should now have SP and RP eligibility. In case anyone cares, the other 5 guys have also been fixed: Sanabia and Peacock are now SP, Moore and Dickson are both RP, and VandenHurk and Betances are now both. And again, none of this was subjective; each determination is based on which role they filled more last season. I think it is likely when we fix this for the long run so that nobody ends up just a P we'll also change it to not count postseason appearances, but I can note that even if you ignore the postseason Moore had one start and 2 relief appearances last year.

These changes won't be visible in live drafts going on today, but should be visible in tomorrow's drafts. All changes should be visible on the site now.

Here's to hoping every great prospect is called up for the last game of the season to catch!
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -510)

Postby toonz » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:15 pm

i have a question on how to edit rosters during the offseason.

i renewed a keeper league and there have been several trades during the offseason. i need to have these trades go through before the draft.

is there a way to do this before the draft?
toonz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bayside » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:52 am

does anyone remember if Net Wins was a category last year?
I notice that now Winning Percentage is a category - is this new/did it replace Net Wins?

Seems strange to have Net Saves as an option, but not Net Wins.
Although I think I do like Winning %, and my league that counts both Wins and QS might move to that (and drop Wins).
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:03 am

toonz wrote:i have a question on how to edit rosters during the offseason.

i renewed a keeper league and there have been several trades during the offseason. i need to have these trades go through before the draft.

is there a way to do this before the draft?

So in this post:

viewtopic.php?p=3467959#p3467959

I had mentioned that this detail fell through the cracks and there was no way to do so. That made me sad, since it made it very hard for lots of leagues to use our in-game keeper declaration. So I've now written this ;-) We're testing it now, but if you aren't in a huge hurry, in the next week or two you should see the Commish Add Player and Commish Drop Player tools start to work in predraft if you have imported rosters. It isn't a work of art, and it could be a bit tedious if you've had lots of trades, but it should get the job done and be better than having to take all your keeper declaration offline.

Keep an eye out. I'll try to post here when I know it has gone live.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 22)

Postby toonz » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:31 pm

thanks a bunch! i look forward to trying out the new tools soon. ;-D
toonz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Bwanna » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:17 am

Fantasy Sports Genie wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Why do almost all the players, at least the top 150, in my league have a little 'k' by them while I'm entering offline draft results? I haven't designated any keepers.

That sounds like it could be a bug. If you don't mind sending me a PM with your league id I can take a look.

EDIT: Looked at your league. Posting the results here in case others are interested, as this stuff is new.

So your league was renewed from last year. The commish chose to import rosters. When you import rosters, keepers and keeper costs from last year are sucked in during the predraft period. The players in question were all marked as keepers in your league last year, which is why they're showing as keepers now. Once your draft takes place, that will change, with either no keepers being shown or the keepers indicated as such this season being shown.

Does that make sense?

At the most, 7 players per team were marked as keepers last year. This year, every player imported from last year (25 per team) was marked as a keeper.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 20)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers