Return to Cafe Hall of Fame

Giantsfan14's Projections and Rankings (updated 2/10)

Re: Giantsfan14's Projections, Rankings, and More!

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:Updated with SP (rankings only done to about 60 or so, and roughly at that)

Let me know if I'm missing anyone or if anyone looks like their in a bad spot based on my projections.

Awesome....but I think you may hear something about Halladay not even being the top ranked pitcher on his own team.
Don't know why but I have a suspicion someone's head may assplode.

It's really close and if I had to choose one straight up I'd go with Halladay. I'd much prefer to take Lee mid-3rd than Halladay mid-2nd though.

SP rankings are pretty much done, hopefully there aren't any glaring mistakes.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 295)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Giantsfan14's Projections, Rankings, and More! (updated

Postby Norby » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 am

What's the thinking behind Bumgarner at 10?

Most rankings/projections have him in the 20-30 range.

Personally, i think i need to see another year from Bumgarner before i rate him that high. I think Cain would be the safer choice for that spot, with a chance to rate higher when the Giants actually score more than 1 run for him. :D
Norby
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby J35J » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Norby wrote:What's the thinking behind Bumgarner at 10?

Personally, i think i need to see another year from Bumgarner before i rate him that high. I think Cain would be the safer choice for that spot, with a chance to rate higher when the Giants actually score more than 1 run for him. :D

I'd guess because Giants is a Giants fan and he's a homer..... I keed, I keed

Actually, I've got him in the 12-15 range myself. He's 22 years old, had the pedigree from the start and had over 4 K/BB ratio, a 2.67FIP and a 3.10xFIP. He also gets to pitch in the NL West. What's not to like?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 49)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:49 pm

J35J wrote:
Norby wrote:What's the thinking behind Bumgarner at 10?

I'd guess because Giants is a Giants fan and he's a homer..... I keed, I keed

Actually, I've got him in the 12-15 range myself. He's 22 years old, had the pedigree from the start and had over 4 K/BB ratio, a 2.67FIP and a 3.10xFIP. He also gets to pitch in the NL West. What's not to like?

I am a homer indeed. Even so, the kid put up the 4th best FIP and 7th best xFIP among all starters last year and had a 4.15 K/BB as a freaking 21 year old. He's got huge potential and he showed it in the second half when he went 9-4 with a 2.70 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, and 114 Ks in 113 innings. Cain might be a safer pick but he doesn't have the potential for greatness that Bumgarner has.
Last edited by GiantsFan14 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J35J » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:34 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:He's got huge potential and she showed it in the second half

That was a low blow...
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 49)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:36 pm

J35J wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:He's got huge potential and she showed it in the second half

That was a low blow...

no clue what you're talking about... !+)
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby jtsandwich » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Well done. For next yr you may want to add auction values.
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:10 am

jtsandwich wrote:Well done. For next yr you may want to add auction values.

Done thanks to TheRock who took my numbers and calculated auction values based on a shallow 12 team league starting 9 hitters (C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, OF, OF OF, UTIL) and adjusted for positional scarcity. ;-D

Some of the guys weren't on the spreadsheet i sent him which is why i don't have values for them yet. pitching will be up when he gets a chance to do it.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby skjelstrom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Very well done, a lot of hard work involved in that ;-D

Food for thought though. One reason I thoroughly enjoy J35J's projections is due to his brief explanations of the projections. Even if it were only for the top some odd players or certain players that seem out of the norm. Now this would be a lot of extra work (something I certainly wouldn't have time for) but just something I thought I would mention.

Great work regardless though, I'm sure this among other things will help significantly come draft day. Thanks!
skjelstrom Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 36)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:37 pm

skjelstrom wrote:Very well done, a lot of hard work involved in that ;-D

Food for thought though. One reason I thoroughly enjoy J35J's projections is due to his brief explanations of the projections. Even if it were only for the top some odd players or certain players that seem out of the norm. Now this would be a lot of extra work (something I certainly wouldn't have time for) but just something I thought I would mention.

Great work regardless though, I'm sure this among other things will help significantly come draft day. Thanks!

thanks. i hope to go through at some point and leave some comments, but i'm kind of busy getting the projections themselves finished (still have to do RP), and writing articles for the cafe. definitely something i'll consider though.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to Cafe Hall of Fame