here are the league rules and payouts as well:
Prize Money $960
The setup will allow for many playoff teams but you have to earn your way into the cash. There will be 6 playoff teams The first week of the playoffs, the two division winners will get the bye. The other four playoff teams will play. The winners will play the two division winners in round two of the playoffs. The two winners of the second week of playoffs play in the championship game. The two losers will play each other during the championship week with the winner taking home the 3rd place prize.
Losers of wild card games $20 off next years fees.
Loser of 3rd place game $80
Winner of 3rd place game $120
Title game loser $240
Title game winner $480
1) Consists of Free Agents and Minor League players
2) Order is 1-12, 12-1, etc.
3) Order is determined by final regular season record each year (last place gets 1st pick, first place gets 12th pick)
4) Amount of rounds depend on which team needs most players.
1) maximum of 27 players at all times
2) minimum of 24 players at all times
3) You must have 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 1 C, 3 OF, 2 DH, 9 P for starting lineup purposes. (DH may be any batter from any position)
KEEPER RE-SIGN RIGHTS
1) Each team is allowed to keep 5 players per year. No player may stay on any roster more than 3 years without reaching the FA pool so each player will be assigned a contract of 3 years or less showing their keeper status. If a keeper is traded he keeps his keeper contract status until he returns to the FA pool.
2) Future draft picks can only be traded one year in advance. If an owner wants to trade further in advance, they may do so by paying that year's entry fee in advance.
3) You may only trade draft picks that your team can use in any given draft year. In other words you can not trade the rest of your draft if your roster is full.
1) No team can exceed the maximum roster limit at any time. Once brought to the commissioner's attention, any draft pick, tradeor free agent acquisition will automatically be voided if it puts any/either team over the maximum roster limit. Draft picks mustbe dealt before the time expires for that pick to be made, or it is lost without compensation.
2) You may not include future considerations in a trade. All aspects of a trademust be made known at the time the deal is made.
1) Within 24 hours of a trade if you decide that a trade is done deceitfully or is grossly overbalanced you can submit a request for a vote to the commissioner. If the commissioner gets two requests for a vote the trade will go to a panel to vote on the outcome of the trade. The panel will not include the owners requesting the vote, the owners involved in the trade and the commissioner. This leaves 7 unbiased owners left to serve on the panel. After the commissioner has announced a request for a vote the owners involved in the trade and the owners that requested the vote will submit CIVIL, non-threatening, arguments for and against the trade. All owners should keep in mind that not every trade is balanced. All owners should keep in mind that this is a contract keeper league and that can weigh on owners decisions. After the arguments are given the seven owner panel (less if there were more than 2 vote requests) will review the arguments and send the commissioner the decision within 24 hours. Every owner on the panel must vote. This will not hold up the next week scoring. If the trade is vetoed I can go back and adjust the scoring prior to the trade. If the commissioner is involved in a trade, the panel results will be sent to another owner the commissioner appoints. It must be a majority veto to kill the deal. A split 3-3 tie will have the trade standing. If the commissioner gets six vote requests or more the trade will be automatically vetoed because we wont have a panel. In this case the commissioner will notify and show each owner involved in the trade the vote requests. Once a panel has made a decision I dont want to hear another word about the trade. Use the consenting adults rule people if there is no cheating involved most trades should go through.
1) Head-to-Head, Number of Categories
2) Scoring Period of Monday thru Sunday
3) Teams receive 1-point for achieving best in each of the followingcategories:
BATTING - (AVG, OBP, R, HR, RBI, SB)
PITCHING - (ERA, W, K, SV, WHIP – Walks +Hits / Innings)
4) Tiebreakers will be determined by who did better in that match-up according to ERA, AVG, W, HR, K, R, SV, RBI, WHIP, SB, OBP in that order.
1) If an owner quits or resigns, he must sit out one full season before applying for readmission to the league. No refunds will be given for any owners that resign.
2) Cheating will not be tolerated. If an owner(s) is caught cheating, the week will be forfeited. Borrowing of player(s) through a prearranged trade with theintent to trade the player(s) back to the same team is prohibited andconsidered cheating. Furthermore, it is the commissioner's discretion whetherto suspend the owner for the season or banish the owner from the league basedon the severity of the owner's actions.
3) Personal attacks will be not be permitted. Furthermore, it is thecommissioner's discretion whether to suspend the owner for the season or banish the owner from the league based on the severity of the owner's actions.
4) The commissioner reserves the right to veto any deal that he deems to be devious and mischievous to the league.
5) All new rules must pass with a three-fourths approval of all current team's ownership.
6)Roster Dumping. Players must start their best lineups on a weekly basis. It is not fair to teams heading into the playoffs for teams to benchstarters intentionally in the hopes of a better draft pick.
7) You cannot start any pitchers that are on the DL or are not participating in games to lower your era or whip. The only way to police this is for me to check the rosters. Middle relief pitchers are fine im just not going to allow anyone start 4 closers and then 4 other pitchers that never pitch which would almost automatically give you three of the five categories.
1) The playoffs will take place during the last 3 weeks of the baseball season.
2) The 6 best teams (2 of which will be the division winners and the other 4 teams with the best records and that did not win the division) will be in theplayoffs.
1) If between two teams, head to head record
2) If three or more teams tie, Cumulative Head to Head Record
3) If a tie still exists after looking at cumulative head to head record, we eliminate the team/s with the weakest head to head records and then compare cumulative head to head records of the teams remaining.
4) Division Record
5) Total Points
6) Total categories won in head to head matchups
1) If between two teams, Head to Head Record
2) Three or more teams, Cumulative Head to Head Record
3) If a tie still exists after looking at cumulative head to head record, we eliminate the teams with the weakest head to head records and then compare cumulative head to head records of the teams remaining.
4) Total points
5) Total categories won in head to head matchups
For example, if four teams end up tied for the 6th and final playoff spot and their cumulative head to head record looks like this:
We would eliminate the 2-5 teams from consideration, and then look at head to head between the two teams remaining. If that ended up tied, we go to total points. If somehow total points ended up tied, we go to total categories won in head to head matchups. So if total points was tied, and one team won 9-2 in one matchup, but lost 4-7 in the other, they would get the spot by virtue of winning 13 categories against the opponent who only won 9 against them.
With us having a 22 week season and 12 teams, everyone will play each other twice. Therefore, there won't be any discrepancy in number of games played when looking at cumulative head to head record.
1) Each round of the playoffs will last 1 week and will be 3 rounds total.
2) The two division winners that have the best records will have Round 1 byes in theplayoffs.
3) Once again if the teams in question are tied for the best records we will follow the above rules under Wildcard and Division Tiebreakers.
4) So in Round 1 we will have the The 3rd seed facing off against the 6th seedand the 4th seed facing off against the 5th seed. In Round 2 the No. 1 seeded team will face the worst team out of the 2 teams who advanced. The No. 2 seeded team will face the other team. Whoever wins between those two match-ups will bein the championship.
5) The team that wins the championship will be crowned the champion.
hook em horns, go stros