Page 6 of 13

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:54 pm
by converge241
Marlins now willing to add in a No Trade Clause

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:57 pm
by Tavish
converge241 wrote:Marlins now willing to add in a No Trade Clause

Start booking the overtime for StL suicide hotline operators.

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:03 pm
by Tavish
jfg wrote:If Miami gets Pujols, are they even a playoff team? Between him, Bell and Reyes, they are probably worth about 15 wins at most which still makes the Marlins a sub .500 team. If Ramirez is back to normal this year maybe you can say 20 wins will be gained from last season which is wild card at best.

You also have to consider Johnson should be healthy to start the season. The rotation still needs some help but Johnson, Sanchez, Nolasco is pretty solid top 3. With Reyes, Morrison, Pujols, Stanton, Ramirez, Sanchez (to the OF?) they should have the best lineup in the NL.

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:12 pm
by jfg
I forgot about Johnson. Tough to count on him for a full season, but on paper he adds enough to make this all worth it.

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:15 pm
by Niffoc4
Tavish wrote:
jfg wrote:If Miami gets Pujols, are they even a playoff team? Between him, Bell and Reyes, they are probably worth about 15 wins at most which still makes the Marlins a sub .500 team. If Ramirez is back to normal this year maybe you can say 20 wins will be gained from last season which is wild card at best.

You also have to consider Johnson should be healthy to start the season. The rotation still needs some help but Johnson, Sanchez, Nolasco is pretty solid top 3. With Reyes, Morrison, Pujols, Stanton, Ramirez, Sanchez (to the OF?) they should have the best lineup in the NL.
Not sure who else would be pitching in the rotation as they essentially lack major league quality starting pitching after the first 3, then on top of that, their defense would/will be quite bad.

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:38 pm
by Skin Blues
Johnson/Sanchez/Nolasco/Volstad is a pretty solid top 4. The 5th spot is up for grabs, but plenty of teams are void of a solid #5 starter. The offense can make up for it.

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:18 pm
by wrveres
Skin Blues wrote:Johnson/Sanchez/Nolasco/Volstad is a pretty solid top 4. The 5th spot is up for grabs, but plenty of teams are void of a solid #5 starter. The offense can make up for it.
Johnson can't stay healthy. Volstad is a bum, and Nolasco is only slightly more consistant than Brandon Morrow. Im not seeing it.

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:34 pm
by Skin Blues
Volstad is a bum that makes 30 starts a year with a mid-4s ERA. That has value. If Johnson is healthy they have a good rotation. That's a big if, obviously. They're not the Phillies or Braves in terms of the rotation but they don't have to be. The Cards/Brewers/D'Backs made the palyoffs last year with pretty similar rotations, and there's probably an extra WC spot up for grabs in 2012.

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:09 pm
by mkultra
Tavish wrote:
jfg wrote:If Miami gets Pujols, are they even a playoff team? Between him, Bell and Reyes, they are probably worth about 15 wins at most which still makes the Marlins a sub .500 team. If Ramirez is back to normal this year maybe you can say 20 wins will be gained from last season which is wild card at best.

You also have to consider Johnson should be healthy to start the season. The rotation still needs some help but Johnson, Sanchez, Nolasco is pretty solid top 3. With Reyes, Morrison, Pujols, Stanton, Ramirez, Sanchez (to the OF?) they should have the best lineup in the NL.


The bigger question is, will anyone go to the games?

Re: 2011-2012 MLB Offseason

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:12 pm
by Tavish
mkultra wrote:
Tavish wrote:
jfg wrote:If Miami gets Pujols, are they even a playoff team? Between him, Bell and Reyes, they are probably worth about 15 wins at most which still makes the Marlins a sub .500 team. If Ramirez is back to normal this year maybe you can say 20 wins will be gained from last season which is wild card at best.

You also have to consider Johnson should be healthy to start the season. The rotation still needs some help but Johnson, Sanchez, Nolasco is pretty solid top 3. With Reyes, Morrison, Pujols, Stanton, Ramirez, Sanchez (to the OF?) they should have the best lineup in the NL.


The bigger question is, will anyone go to the games?

Of course not, nobody in Florida really enjoys baseball. Good team, bad team, good stadium, bad stadium, whatever. It doesn't really make a difference.