What to watch on TV

Some people say the world revolves around more than fantasy baseball. If you feel like discussing anything else, post it here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Frenchiegangsta9
T-Ball Trainer

Re: What to watch on TV

Post by Frenchiegangsta9 »

Spartacus and The Walking Dead is back. Those are two tv shows I have watched since season 1. Modern Family is also a great show and Game of Thrones will be back on next month. I started to watch an old CBS show, Jericho. Its really a pleasant surprise.

As for The Following, Its ok. I watched the first episode but havent kept up with it.
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/search.php]WHIR[/url]

Post by bigken117 »

nothing about the first episode of Breaking Bad wants me to watch more :-X

Now on the other hand, the fact that nobody has mentioned Archer in this thread means I should probably lock it
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

2 Up 2 Down catchers
The Artful Dodger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Post by The Artful Dodger »

bigken117 wrote:nothing about the first episode of Breaking Bad wants me to watch more :-X

Season 1 is good. The ensuing seasons of Breaking Bad are very good, at worst.

Frenchiegangsta9 wrote:Game of Thrones will be back on next month.

I'm really looking forward to this season and the next. A Storm of Swords is the best book of the series by a good distance IMO, and that's divided in two seasons.

I haven't been watching much TV lately. However, I came across a nice article about Ducktales a few days ago and that just stoked interest in watching a few episodes, as well as a few childhood memories. All that nostalgia led me to watch a bit of Ren and Stimpy too. :-b
Diving in the Box on Roto Database

"Shut up, Anti-sec." -Jose Mourinho
Tavish
Bouncer
Bouncer

Post by Tavish »

I'm finding it harder and harder anymore to put any show on TV in the same category as Breaking Bad. It makes me more and more nervous about the final story arc bringing it back down to the level of some of the other current shows that started off great and just went down the wrong path.
Pogotheostrich
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Pogotheostrich »

Currently Watching

Great: The Americans
Good: Shameless, New Girl, Duck Dynasty
Guilty pleasure: Revolution
The Artful Dodger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Post by The Artful Dodger »

I was catching up on the last season of The Thick of It, a parody of the inner workings of British politics. It's like a cross between Yes Minister and The Office (the original version).

It's inspired an American version on HBO called Veep, which I have yet to watch and has some creative influence from some folks who wrote The Thick of It.

So yes, The Thick of It is brilliant. It can be confusing at times, but the profanity-laden dialogue is inventive and funny.
Diving in the Box on Roto Database

"Shut up, Anti-sec." -Jose Mourinho
jfg
T-Ball Trainer

Post by jfg »

I'm finally watching Sherlock again and that's a great show. Not sure if you can call it a show, it's more like 3 movies the BBC makes a year that have a recurring theme since they are 1 1/2 hours a piece. If you like the mystery/crime genre at all this is probably the best show I've seen in that genre. Normally I do other things while watching TV but I had my eyes on the TV screen for all 4 and a half hours of the first season.
GiantsFan14
College Coach
College Coach

Post by GiantsFan14 »

jfg wrote:I'm finally watching Sherlock again and that's a great show. Not sure if you can call it a show, it's more like 3 movies the BBC makes a year that have a recurring theme since they are 1 1/2 hours a piece. If you like the mystery/crime genre at all this is probably the best show I've seen in that genre. Normally I do other things while watching TV but I had my eyes on the TV screen for all 4 and a half hours of the first season.

The first "season" was awesome, the second one was ridiculously boring. It's like they took out everything that made the first season so entertaining.

Return to “General Talk”