What to watch on TV

Some people say the world revolves around more than fantasy baseball. If you feel like discussing anything else, post it here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tavish
Bouncer
Bouncer
Beginner: No

Re: What to watch on TV

Post by Tavish »

Mookie4ever wrote:Anybody seen the new BBC Sherlock series?
I have heard completely amazing reviews for this but cannot find it. Want to know if anyone has seen it before spending $30 on the DVDs

The first episode is excellent. Second is meh. Going to watch the third with the hopes it gets a little better.
wake
T-Ball Trainer

Post by wake »

After reading some good reviews, I watched the series premiere of Last Resort last night. I really enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where they take the show from here.
wrveres
T-Ball Trainer

Post by wrveres »

Not the Yankees ……
they're Yawnstipating
jfg
T-Ball Trainer

Post by jfg »

It received terrible reviews and will probably be cancelled but I'm kind of enjoying "The Neighbors". It's not great, I wish they wouldn't have gone the route they did with the normal family (basically, you're typical dumb guy trying to make good), but it's not bad by any means.

Speaking of sitcoms, when are they going to stop the "talk to the camera" trend? Not a fan.
bigh0rt
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [b][url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=435763]HERE[/url][/b]

Post by bigh0rt »

I watched the first season of American Horror Story on Netflix over my Christmas break. The first 6 episodes I really really liked (Tate's back story was particularly compelling, especially given my career and recent events, but then later in the season he just became annoying to me), and the last 6 episodes I thought were so so, somewhat predictable, and kind of boring at times even; especially the final 2 episodes. Still, it was enjoyable and really worth watching. I'm interested in Season 2 that is currently going on, with very polarizing reviews on it just not 'working' versus it being superior to Murder House. I'll definitely check it out, though I wonder if it will be weird seeing basically the entire same cast in different roles.
bleach168
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bleach168 »

House of Cards on Netflix. The only show that might be better is Breaking Bad.
GiantsFan14
College Coach
College Coach

Post by GiantsFan14 »

bleach168 wrote:House of Cards on Netflix. The only show that might be better is Breaking Bad.

My brain cannot comprehend something better than Breaking Bad.
bleach168
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bleach168 »

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bleach168 wrote:House of Cards on Netflix. The only show that might be better is Breaking Bad.

My brain cannot comprehend something better than Breaking Bad.

TBH, I haven't seen Breaking Bad beyond the first few episodes. I'm not saying Breaking Bad isn't #1, but if it is, House of Cards should be #2.
lastingsgriller
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 10 team. 5 x 5 with OPS instead of average and QS instead of W..

C-MIke Napoli
1B-Prince Fielder
2B-Kelly Johnson
SS-Ian Desmond
3B-Evan Longoria
IF-Albert Pujols
OF-Jason Heyward
OF-Drew Stubbs
OF-Jay Bruce
OF-Alex Gordon
Util-Billy Butler
B-Mike Moustakas
B-

SP-Clayton Kershaw
SP-Yovanni Gallardo
SP-Shaun Marcum
SP-Zack Greinke
RP-Jose Valverde
RP-Leo Nunez
P-Kyle Lohse
P-Derrick Holland
P-Ricky Nolasco
P-Erik Bedard
P-Ryan Vogelsong
P-Madison Bumgarner
DL - Bartolo Colon
DL - Homer Bailey

What to watch on TV

Post by lastingsgriller »

House of cards is awesome.

I've been watching that and I'm on season two of The West Wing, which is awesome.

Apparently, it's a very political time in my life.
Lofunzo
Bouncer
Bouncer
Roster Information: [b]10 team 5X5 H2H[/b]
C - Willingham
1B - Teixeira
2B - Figgins
3B - Glaus
SS - Young
OF - Edmonds
OF - Sizemore
OF - Berkman
UT - Mora
DL - Garciaparra
DL - Kent

SP - C. Zambrano, P. Martinez, Mussina, Glavine, Verlander, Clemens, Cain, Prior, Maine
RP - Gordon, Fuentes, C. Ray, Burgos

Post by Lofunzo »

Thoughts on The Following? I watched the first 3 episodes On Demand and the 4th live. Seems good although I have to sleep with the lights on. :-D

Return to “General Talk”