What to watch on TV

Some people say the world revolves around more than fantasy baseball. If you feel like discussing anything else, post it here.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Skin Blues
T-Ball Trainer

Re: What to watch on TV

Post by Skin Blues »

It's hit and miss and he really doesn't come across as sincere, but the material is so good it makes up for it.
teddy ballgame
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Post by teddy ballgame »

Mookie4ever wrote:I've seen two episodes of Louie. The first was terrible but I love Louie CK's standup so much that I gave it another chance and the second episode was great. Fingers crossed for the third.

There's a number of episodes where the stand up was the only part worth watching, but it's good enough to devote half an hour to every week.
Mookie4ever
Roster Information: [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/search.php]WHIR[/url]

Post by Mookie4ever »

Anybody seen the new BBC Sherlock series?
I have heard completely amazing reviews for this but cannot find it. Want to know if anyone has seen it before spending $30 on the DVDs
GiantsFan14
College Coach
College Coach

Post by GiantsFan14 »

Mookie4ever wrote:Anybody seen the new BBC Sherlock series?
I have heard completely amazing reviews for this but cannot find it. Want to know if anyone has seen it before spending $30 on the DVDs

i've seen the first season and really liked it. it's on netflix btw.
jfg
T-Ball Trainer

Post by jfg »

I watched the first episode and really liked it. They're hour and a half long episodes, and I think there's only 3 episodes per season.
bigh0rt
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [b][url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=435763]HERE[/url][/b]

Post by bigh0rt »

Anybody stream Netflix via Blu Ray player? Is it easy? No lagging issues? I'm thinking that'll be the easiest thing for me to do when I move. As long as it's Wifi ready should it work no problem, or do I need something specific with apps, etc.?
bleach168
T-Ball Trainer

Post by bleach168 »

bigh0rt wrote:Anybody stream Netflix via Blu Ray player? Is it easy? No lagging issues? I'm thinking that'll be the easiest thing for me to do when I move. As long as it's Wifi ready should it work no problem, or do I need something specific with apps, etc.?

I stream netflix through my ps3 and it's smooth as butter.
jfg
T-Ball Trainer

Post by jfg »

It depends on the Bluray player. Some interfaces are really smooth, some aren't. In my experience, all the gaming consoles are great for Netflix streaming although the Wii can only do SD. The Bluray player I used had a clunky interface but worked fine, and I also have used a WDTV Live which was the worst of all them because it always was changing resolution based on internet speed even though I had a consistent 20 MB down speed. If I had to choose the best player for Netflix, I'd go with the 360 even though you do have to pay the Gold subscription which made me go to PS3 since I don't do online gaming.
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer
Roster Information: [url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/search.php]WHIR[/url]

Post by bigken117 »

bleach168 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Anybody stream Netflix via Blu Ray player? Is it easy? No lagging issues? I'm thinking that'll be the easiest thing for me to do when I move. As long as it's Wifi ready should it work no problem, or do I need something specific with apps, etc.?

this
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

2 Up 2 Down catchers
lastingsgriller
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 10 team. 5 x 5 with OPS instead of average and QS instead of W..

C-MIke Napoli
1B-Prince Fielder
2B-Kelly Johnson
SS-Ian Desmond
3B-Evan Longoria
IF-Albert Pujols
OF-Jason Heyward
OF-Drew Stubbs
OF-Jay Bruce
OF-Alex Gordon
Util-Billy Butler
B-Mike Moustakas
B-

SP-Clayton Kershaw
SP-Yovanni Gallardo
SP-Shaun Marcum
SP-Zack Greinke
RP-Jose Valverde
RP-Leo Nunez
P-Kyle Lohse
P-Derrick Holland
P-Ricky Nolasco
P-Erik Bedard
P-Ryan Vogelsong
P-Madison Bumgarner
DL - Bartolo Colon
DL - Homer Bailey

What to watch on TV

Post by lastingsgriller »

bigken117 wrote:
bleach168 wrote:

this

+1

Return to “General Talk”