Here's my favorite shows on right now (not all are airing right now). HBO is really, really good right now.
1. Game of Thrones- #1 easy
2. Big Bang Theory- Still makes me laugh out loud every episode. I thought this one would go downhill but it hasn't.
3. Treme- Long hiatus, but the characters are second only to GOT.
4. Girls- It's early, but I've really enjoyed this. A lot of people are saying it's unrealistic but a lot of the characters remind me of people I hung around in college.
5. How I Met Your Mother- This one is going downhill fast, but I think they know that and are making steps to resolve the plot. It still has great moments though.
6. Happy Endings- I just marathoned the first season a few weeks ago and I really like it. Haven't watched the second season yet.
7. South Park- It's definitely not in it's prime, but there are still awesome episodes.
8. Downton Abbey-
Ok, this is more of a miniseries and it's very soap opera-ish. I stayed away from it for a long time because I thought it would be a typical British drama but it kind of takes the best elements of American and British prime time soaps and the characters are pretty enjoyable to watch. I laughed at my wife when she was watching it but I got sucked in.
9. The Simpsons- This makes the list because right after their 400th episode they had two fantastic shows and I thought the writers got an 8th wind. It went downhill again but they deserve a spot, because I still find time to watch it and they had a second there where it was still worth watching.
10. Saturday Night Live- Sketch comedy is hit or miss. I think that's what a lot of people don't get, and it's been about 30 years now that people have been saying SNL is dead. Yet all kinds of sketches from every one of those seasons are considered classic SNL now. You just have to go into it knowing your going to find about 2-3 of the sketches funny, Weekend Update might be good and the musical guest probably is going to suck. It's a lot easier to watch with a DVR.