Return to Baseball Leftovers

Red Sox FAIL

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Red Sox FAIL

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:24 am

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/09/r ... um=twitter

Rosenthal is the source so who the hell knows. Sounds like it is mutual. Francona seemed a lot more down on this team than he usually is over the last month. I mean, he had a reason to be but you could sense something was really wrong. He said today he wasn't happy with some of the things going on in the clubhouse.

I've always liked Tito and wish him success in the future if this is indeed true.
Last edited by BronXBombers51 on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -297)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Report: Francona out in Boston...

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 am

Good riddance. Never liked the guy personally. Hearing him being compared to Belichick on sports radio was laughable at best.

But then again, I'm the guy who liked Grady Little. :-D
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -19)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:53 am

I expected it. He's a pretty generic manager, I don't anticipate this will change much.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby thedude » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Not really his fault, his pitching staff was a disgrace.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:36 pm

thedude wrote:Not really his fault,his pitching ostaff was a disgrace.

Are u sure though? Ive recently heard that part of the reason was the lack of conditioning. In part, francona's regime didn't stress any offseason work.
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby bigken117 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 am

he deserved better than this :-/
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)

Postby MasterX1918 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:24 pm

It's a tough way to go, he's nothing more than a scapegoat. I think it's rediculous that he would get blammed for players being out of shape and not strictly enforcing an offseason workout regiment, professional baseball players should be more than capable of getting themselves ready for the season. Lackey and Dice-K are the obvious culprits here but I blame JD Drew. Unless this team brings in drill instructor Hartman from Full Metal Jacket as the new manager I don't see anything changing, this team is a bunch of Private Pyles.
Last edited by MasterX1918 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -10)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Joel Sherman is reporting that executives around baseball think Theo is Chicago bound. Maybe Tito will follow him there.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby RedHopeful » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:07 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:It's a tough way to go, he's nothing more than a scapegoat. I think it's rediculous that he would get blammed for players being out of shape and not strictly enforcing an offseason workout regiment, professional baseball players should be more than capable of getting themselves ready for the season. Lackey and Dice-K are the obvious culprits here but I blame JD Drew. Unless this team brings in drill instructor Hartman from Full Metal Jacket as the new manager I don't see anything changing, this team is a bunch of Gomer Pyles.

Not exactly sure where I fall with offseason workouts but I don't feel its ridiculous to have management push guys to stay in top shape. Nothing wrong with clubs trying to maximize their investment considering the sizable montary contracts. In addition, not everyone is wired the same way so there are plenty of guys who need that push. Besides, since it's baseball, I sincerely doubt it'd be all that intensive.

mweir145 wrote:Joel Sherman is reporting that executives around baseball think Theo is Chicago bound. Maybe Tito will follow him there.

Theo to the Cubs but Tito to the Sox, right?
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MasterX1918 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:39 pm

RedHopeful wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:It's a tough way to go, he's nothing more than a scapegoat. I think it's rediculous that he would get blammed for players being out of shape and not strictly enforcing an offseason workout regiment, professional baseball players should be more than capable of getting themselves ready for the season. Lackey and Dice-K are the obvious culprits here but I blame JD Drew. Unless this team brings in drill instructor Hartman from Full Metal Jacket as the new manager I don't see anything changing, this team is a bunch of Gomer Pyles.

Not exactly sure where I fall with offseason workouts but I don't feel its ridiculous to have management push guys to stay in top shape. Nothing wrong with clubs trying to maximize their investment considering the sizable montary contracts. In addition, not everyone is wired the same way so there are plenty of guys who need that push. Besides, since it's baseball, I sincerely doubt it'd be all that intensive.

not really what I meant, I just mean that the manager shouldn't have to babysit his players during the offseason, MLB players should know what needs to get done to be ready for the season. Obviously having a manager that pushes and motivates players to get in shape and condition themselves is a good thing, but when players show up to spring training fat and out of shape that should be seen as a problem with the players work ethic. I remember Nomar had an extremely strict off-season workout regimen because that's the sort of person he was, he was disciplined and had drive. Nomar wasn't working out 5 hours a day because Jimmy Williams was telling him to. A manager can only enforce so much, the rest is all on the players, the only workout that guys like Lackey and Dice-K are getting is the walk from their couch to the fridge.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -10)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers