Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Got a Bye for Week 23. Am I Ready for Week 24? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Got a Bye for Week 23. Am I Ready for Week 24? WHIR

Postby sigriffey » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:37 pm

I am fortunate to finish first in the regular season and snare one of the Byes, so I won't need to face anyone in week 23. However, I am wondering if you guys think I am squared away for Week 24. I have 4 moves to play with if I want this week. Thoughts? I know I have a light schedule on Sep 12th and 15th unfortunately, which is why carrying 3 bench hitters could be wise.

12 Team H2H. We Only Keep 6 Players Season to Season, each for 3 years max. * means contract year

Stat Cats: R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG -- IP, CG, W, L, ER, ERA, K, SV, WHIP

MY TEAM

C V. Martinez
1B M. Cabrera
2B D. Pedroia
3B D. Wright
SS E. Bonifacio
OF J. Ellsbury
OF C. Crawford*
OF C. Gonzalez
UT P. Fielder
UT A. Rodriguez
UT B Lawrie
BN C. Beltran
BN F. Freeman
BN D. Viciedo (OF eligibility soon?)
DL H. Ramirez (done for year but keeper)

SP R. Halladay
SP F. Hernandez
SP Z. Greinke*
RP J. Walden
RP M. Rivera
P M. Cain
P Y. Gallardo
P R. Romero
BN B. Beachy
BN T. Lilly
DL T. Hanson (coming back?)
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Got a Bye for Week 23. Am I Ready for Week 24? WHIR

Postby fast dogs » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:35 am

Once you find out the pitching matchups for that first Monday, maybe fill an offday with the best hitter avail vs a weak SP. Theres 11 games and most seem to be in pitchers parks, but you should be able to find some juicy matchup to get you off to a good start. You don't have any obvious drops, but if Lilly stays on schedule and pitches the Sunday before, he could go and be replaced by a hitter for Monday, then drop for a hitter for Thursday, then add Lilly for his Friday start again if it all works
When asking for roster advice in these pages, remember there are thousands of different sets of league rules & many different active roster settings. If you want the best replies, be sure to include your leagues particulars in the original post
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 147)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions