Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Josh Johsons report true not coming back? Should I drop?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Josh Johsons report true not coming back? Should I drop?

Postby mrje1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 am

Hello everyone,

I saw an update on espn fantasy that he is not coming back, but I am still not sure. Should I go by that information and drop him or wait a little bit more.

Thank you all for your help.
mrje1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Josh Johsons report true not coming back? Should I dr

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:57 am

Found this report.

"Johnson's fate to be decided soon: MLB.com reports that the fate of Josh Johnson's season will be determined by the end of the week. That said, SI.com tweeted that Johnson is not expected to pitch again this season. If Johnson, on the disabled list with a shoulder injury, can begin a throwing program either late this week or early next, however, then there would be a realistic chance he could return this year -- perhaps in early September. However, if he is no closer to throwing, he would be unlikely to return this season. Johnson has been on a routine to strengthen his right shoulder, and he made progress last week. Johnson has been on the disabled list since mid-May with right shoulder inflammation. He visited Dr. James Andrews at the end of June, and he hasn’t done any throwing in July. He repeatedly says he hopes to pitch in a game before the season ends, even if it is in relief for a game or two. The reason he wants to pitch this year is to give him some peace of mind going into the offseason. However, it is looking more and more like his season -- for Fantasy purposes -- is just about done. Continue to track this situation, but owners stashing him in seasonal formats should be prepared to do without him for the remainder of the season. We'll continue to update you on his situation as it develops."

per CBS

do you not just have him stashed on your DL anyways?

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=435649

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -40)

Postby mpieco » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:46 am

I have heard most recently that due to the fact that the Marlins are way out of it with no chance, they are shutting down JJ and letting him take the entire rest of the season/offseason to ensure his health and readiness.

He is definitely drop-worthy at this point, ESPECIALLY in an ESPN league where you only get one DL spot.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)

Postby mrje1 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:56 am

Thank you both for your time.

do you not just have him stashed on your DL anyways?

Yes, I do.

In espn when I pressed the player news they say he is shut down, but I don't know if I believe it yet because everywhere else I am getting mixed reviews. I would hate to drop him if it isn't correct. The statements are not confident statements and that is why I am a little hesitant of dropping. Once it is globally said, then I will drop.

Thanks again for your help.
mrje1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions