Return to Baseball Leftovers

2011 Trade Deadline/Rumors Thread.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2011 Trade Deadline/Rumors Thread.

Postby mweir145 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:40 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:Is Feliz still Texas's closer? Isn't Adams the best of the three? Why wouldn't he close?

Not that I expect him to close, but Uehara is better than both of them.

Disagreed. Uehara's ridiculously low GB rate has to at least partially catch up to him at some point. 29.7%?

Not when you get pop ups at the rate he does. There's no risk in balls going out of the park if you're just getting hitters to pop up.

It also helps that he has a career 7.00 K/BB in the toughest division to pitch in (which had led to him being 4th in xFiP and 2nd in SIERA among relievers in the bigs). Mike Adams is great, but he may be a bit of a product of Petco.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:00 pm

SI_JonHeyman ludwick to pirates for ptbnl. done deal. good job,
twitter
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:05 pm

Bedard to Red Sox.

Edit: Red Sox pull AA catcher Tim Federowicz from lineup.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby smoovethug » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:09 pm

thedude wrote:Bedard to Red Sox.

Edit: Red Sox pull AA catcher Tim Federowicz from lineup.

Better make sure he's healthy.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -271)

Postby converge241 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:15 pm

3 way trade, Dodgers involved

Bedard trade is 3-team affair wih Federowicz landing with #Dodgers. More details to come. #trades

Jayson Stark
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Postby converge241 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Red Sox also get Josh Fields
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby converge241 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:37 pm

Red Sox get: starter Erik Bedard, reliever Joshua Fields (both from Mariners)
Dodgers get: catcher Tim Federowicz, Juan Rodriguez, Stephen Fife (all from Red Sox)
Mariners get: outfielder Trayvon Robinson (from Dodgers), outfielder Chih-Hsien Chiang (from Red Sox)
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:42 pm

converge241 wrote:Red Sox get: starter Erik Bedard, reliever Joshua Fields (both from Mariners)
Dodgers get: catcher Tim Federowicz, Juan Rodriguez, Stephen Fife (all from Red Sox)
Mariners get: outfielder Trayvon Robinson (from Dodgers), outfielder Chih-Hsien Chiang (from Red Sox)
lol.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby Padsin05 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:16 pm

converge241 wrote:Red Sox get: starter Erik Bedard, reliever Joshua Fields (both from Mariners)

no kidding, wtf are the dojers doing?? why did they even get involved.

nice score for the M's though thats for sure
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)

Postby thedude » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:28 pm

Padsin05 wrote:

no kidding, wtf are the dojers doing?? why did they even get involved.

In the first part of the trade, Boston sent Federowicz, Fife, and Rodriguez to the Dodgers to acquire Triple-A outfielder Trayvon Robinson. Federowicz, considered one of the premier defensive catchers in the minor leagues, hit .274 with a .734 OPS in 89 games for the Sea Dogs. Fife, who was drafted in the third round out of Rice, was 11-4 with a 3.66 ERA in his second go-around in Double-A. Rodriguez, a right-handed flamethrower out of the Dominican Republic, has been lighting up radar guns across the South Atlantic League this season with his high-90s fastball. He has 88 strikeouts in 59 innings, but also posted a 2-4 record with a 5.19 ERA.

http://news.soxprospects.com/2011/07/re ... d-for.html

Rodriguez also has a 2.91 FIP as a 22 in A ball, for what that's worth.

Edit: Robinson is having a good year at triple A, but that strikeout rate is scary bad. 120 strikeouts in 99 games, striking out in 29% of his atbats? %-6
Last edited by thedude on Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers