Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Scherzer for... ? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Scherzer for... ? WHIR

Postby Tis » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:10 pm

I'm sick of Mad Max being the modern insane unpredictable Mel Gibson not the old cool one. But he has so much potential. Do I wait him out on the bench or drop him for.

Cueto (most likely, surprised hes on the wire tbh)
or
Niese
Gee
Karstens
Lilly

WHIR

(12 team 5x5 roto, non-keeper)
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Scherzer for... ? WHIR

Postby ajfool32 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:56 pm

i'd hold onto him, can still turn things around into a good season. if you do drop him i'd definitely pick up cueto.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=433916
ajfool32
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:41 am

Scherzer has too much talent to drop outright, IMO. I'd stick it out with him rather then one of the WW options.

Help me?
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -9)

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:52 am

I agree stick with Scherzer, he has the highest ceiling out of all those guys. And should be able to turn it around soon.

You have no one else you could potentially drop for Cueto though? He is too good to be on the wire imo.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -40)

Postby lefthandedforlife » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:47 am

ATLbraves wrote:I agree stick with Scherzer, he has the highest ceiling out of all those guys. And should be able to turn it around soon.

You have no one else you could potentially drop for Cueto though? He is too good to be on the wire imo.

I agee. Stick with Scherzer and maybe drop a guy for Cueto. He's too good to be on the wire.

Help me out: viewtopic.php?t=433928
lefthandedforlife
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Tis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:02 am

lefthandedforlife wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:I agree stick with Scherzer, he has the highest ceiling out of all those guys. And should be able to turn it around soon.

I agee. Stick with Scherzer and maybe drop a guy for Cueto. He's too good to be on the wire.

Agreed he doesn't belong on the wire, but who else to drop of Morrow/Bedard/Pineda/Zimmerman/Beachy/Bell/Kimbrel/Walden/BrianWilson. If none of those, that leaves the bench full of DL guys, Wright/Morneau/IkeDavis/Buchholz.

IF the bad noise from the Ike Davis corner is confirmed soon, he would be a decent drop... otherwise?
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:05 am

Tis wrote:
lefthandedforlife wrote:

Agreed he doesn't belong on the wire, but who else to drop of Morrow/Bedard/Pineda/Zimmerman/Beachy/Bell/Kimbrel/Walden/BrianWilson. If none of those, that leaves the bench full of DL guys, Wright/Morneau/IkeDavis/Buchholz.

IF the bad noise from the Ike Davis corner is confirmed soon, he would be a decent drop... otherwise?

They are saying he will definitely be out another 3 weeks and could be out for the season, so yeah I would drop Ike Davis for Cueto. Especially since this is a non-keeper.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -40)

Postby ahcryky » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:38 am

If Davis isn't occupying a DL spot, or you can move around DL players to put him on the bench, drop him for Cueto now! There is no reason for him to be on the wire.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions