29%

Total votes : 21

Re: 5/26 Venting, Cheering, Huffs Dongs and QUEEN

Postby bigken117 » Thu May 26, 2011 8:31 am

I miss DanZac :,-(

wrveres wrote:Caught in a landslide.
No escape from reality.

open your eyes.

This will sum up wr's June pretty well :-)
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/E/Jacoby-Ellsbury.shtml
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=24
http://twitter.com/#!/baseballcafe
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fantasy-Baseball-Cafe/117034715055181?sk=wall
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1076)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 am

bigh0rt wrote:After 19 innings last night, I feel a bit better about trotting Homer Bailey out @ Phi tonight... it'll probably end poorly :-C

homer bailey is a finely crafted work of the lord and a savior to any fantasy baseball team. do not be afraid to start him against any team. ;-D
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 81)

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 am

Morrow rides the pine for me tonight....can't trust him right now.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 am

Cliff Lee is a huuuuge favorite today against Bailey after the 19 inning marathon :-o Just keep telling myself that Philly has allowed 32 Quality Starts and strike out 6.5 times per game... 8-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu May 26, 2011 11:09 am

did anyone else notice that Jay Bruce is the bombsh*t?
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 26, 2011 11:19 am

lastingsgriller wrote:did anyone else notice that Jay Bruce is the bombsh*t?

YES!!! I am rather pleased to keep him for $17 next season. He started off slowly but now leads the NL is HR. It's god damned impressive.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am

rjforlife wrote:

YES!!! I am rather pleased to keep him for $17 next season. He started off slowly but now leads the NL is HR. It's god damned impressive.

FanGraphs wrote:After a slow first month of the season – in which he hit .237/.306/.381 – Jay Bruce is absolutely on fire in the month of May. Even though Joe Pawlikowski recently wrote about the difficulty involved in evaluating Bruce’s season, we’re going to take a deeper look into Bruce’s current surge. During the month of May, Bruce has hit .337/.400/.721 with 9 home runs. There’s no doubt that Bruce has been spectacular as of late, but what (if anything) is behind Bruce’s latest surge, and is it sustainable?

Bruce has always been a player projected to develop big power, yet his career high in home runs over a full season is “only” 25. That’s not a necessarily a knock on Bruce, but it seems as if his power has always left people wanting more. If this surge is more than just a hot streak, it’s possible that Bruce will finally live up to his billing as an elite power hitter.

At the same time, this surge has happened over such a short period, so we have to be skeptical before we draw any strong conclusions. While Bruce’s nine home runs over 95 plate appearances is certainly impressive, he has been through streaks like this before. The most comparable streak probably came at the conclusion of 2010, when Bruce hit 15 home runs in just 153 at-bats. On top of that streak, Bruce has one other month in which he clubbed 9 home runs, and two instances where he was able to hit 7 home runs in one month. So while his current power surge is encouraging, it’s unlikely Bruce will be able to sustain it for all that long. He’s just experiencing another hot month. So what, if anything, is behind Bruce’s latest surge?

For one, Bruce has lowered his strikeout rate from 27.8 to 19.8 in May. The lowered strikeout rate has likely led to increased contact and walks for Bruce, leading to his ridiculous slash line over the month. While his .333 BABIP for the month of May seems high, there’s some reason to believe it may be sustainable.

After suffering from poor luck in 2009, Bruce finished last season with a .334 BABIP. Much of that increase was due to Bruce’s great line drive rate. Sure enough, Bruce has regained his ability to spray line drives all over the field this month. After scuffling with just 5.6% line drives through the month of April, Bruce has been able to increase that number to 17.7% in May.

While it’s reasonable to expect Bruce to continue hitting line drives at a high rate, it’s unlikely his big power surge will continue. Over the month of May, Bruce has managed to hit 24.2% of his fly balls out of the ballpark, an unsustainable rate going forward. The high number shouldn’t diminish anything Bruce has accomplished over this month, though. As Joe Pawl attempted to explain in his article, it’s tough to evaluate Bruce’s performance this season…and in a way, that’s true. Bruce definitely won’t continue mashing at this current rate. At the same time, his May surge has put him back on track to live up to his lofty pre-season predictions after a poor start the season. Jay Bruce’s current streak has been impressive, and even though some aspects won’t hold up as the season progresses, it’s gotten Bruce back on the right track. Sometimes, that’s good enough.

Link to Article
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu May 26, 2011 11:30 am

so what you are trying to say here is that 2 of the last 3 months of baseball for Jay Bruce have been completely insane and he should be regarded with the likes of Ken Griffey Jr. and Barry Bonds?
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby CharlatanSin » Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 am

The same dude in my league reached to take both Bruce and Granderson before I had the opportunity to reach for them. They were my top 2 reach priorities. Jerk.

Oh, well. He's in 7th place now. That'll learn him to scoop my OF.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby SpecialFNK » Thu May 26, 2011 11:51 am

with Posey sure to go on the DL, the Giants are calling up Belt. any idea what role Belt will have? after he went down wasn't he playing the OF? so Aubrey Huff should stay at 1B?
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 38)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers