Return to Baseball Leftovers

5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Gas.

Poll ended at Fri May 13, 2011 5:44 am

Wait until you leave the room?
29%
lift a cheek and let it out as silently as possible?
71%

Total votes : 14

Re: 5/12 Venting, Cheering, Huff's Ding Dongs, and gas.

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu May 12, 2011 11:20 am

wrveres wrote:
bigken117 wrote:starting Lowe @ Was today

yesterday was a big day for the defending champion Hot Stove Red Sox 24/54 (that's .444) 16 R, 6 HR, 19 RBI, 3 SB to jump up 16.5 points. That's why we stay the course after a rough April.
i was wondering if you were going to say something. nice friggin day

Yeah, what's up with these huge days lately? COL had a similar day two days ago. I'm patiently waiting my turn. :-D

I have no SPs starting today or tomorrow, although I am tempted to pick up Dillon Gee for tomorrow. Probably a bad idea. :*)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saemick » Thu May 12, 2011 12:52 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:Also how the hell did Wolf give up 5 runs to SDP, have they scored that many the rest of the season? Good for a -11. :-t

maybe he wasn't that bad... maybe we're just witnessing the beginning of the power surge from the offensively proficient Fathers...
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Thu May 12, 2011 1:58 pm

wrveres wrote:he strikes me as a 275/5/25 guy. 100 runs every few years. what am i missing?
Josh Shepardson: The expected heir apparent to Carl Crawford in Tampa, Desmond Jennings has continued to showcase why he is considered an upper echelon prospect and a person of interest in fantasy circles.

Probably 275/5/40 type of guy with superb defense. Crawford lite with less homers but possibly a little better OBP due to him being able to take a walk.
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Padsin05 » Thu May 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Harper is on an absolute tear right now, it just hasnt stopped, but over his last 15 games

Bryce Harper had a career day for Single-A Hagerstown on Wednesday, going 4-for-5 with a grand slam.
He also extended his hitting streak to 15 games, during which he's hitting .492. With a cumulative .396/.472/.712 batting line, Harper is matching or exceeding all expectations so far. May 12, 1:55 AM
Source: MILB.com
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby rjforlife » Thu May 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Shields just won't quit.

7 IP 7 K 1.14 WHIP and a potential win. I am definitely going to try and sell high now though, I just don't believe a lifetime above average guy is now an unstoppable ace.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 269)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu May 12, 2011 2:53 pm

ugh forgot to insert shields in the lineup in one league... :-/
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Postby cs3 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:26 pm

anyone else notice that most of Dan Hudsons problems come when he's ahead in count on the batter?
Granted ive only seen him pitch 3 times this yr, but i keep seeing the same pattern.
he gets way ahead in the count, 0-2 or 1-2 then lays in a BP fastball right down the middle or a hanging slider with a HitMe sign taped to it.

Happend again today. Ross doubled, then Nate Shietholtz quickly goes to 0-2. Next pitch is a fastball belt-high, right down broadway that Schitholtz smashes into right center... Is he always bad at putting hitters away?
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby cs3 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:31 pm

also Parra is having a LOL awesome inning...
First he hits a blast to right center off the wall and Schierholtz makes a spectacular play to inexplicably throw him out at 2B.
Then in the bottom half of the inning a routine fly ball is hit to center, Parra camps out under it... and just drops it. Goes for a 3 bag error and completey screws up Hudson's rythym
cs3
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:37 pm

wrveres wrote:Is this cheating? Id like to get everybody on the record before the New York Daily news freaks out. kthnks.

It's not Bonds or Clemens taking media stigmatized steroids, so people won't care about that kind of performance enhancement in baseball.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby CharlatanSin » Thu May 12, 2011 4:40 pm

cs3 wrote:anyone else notice that most of Dan Hudsons problems come when he's ahead in count on the batter?
Granted ive only seen him pitch 3 times this yr, but i keep seeing the same pattern.
he gets way ahead in the count, 0-2 or 1-2 then lays in a BP fastball right down the middle or a hanging slider with a HitMe sign taped to it.

Happend again today. Ross doubled, then Nate Shietholtz quickly goes to 0-2. Next pitch is a fastball belt-high, right down broadway that Schitholtz smashes into right center... Is he always bad at putting hitters away?

Reminds me of Phil "Franchise" Hughes last year. Even when he was going well, he had to let the hitter foul off like 6 pitches before he put him away.
She said always remember never to trust me
She said that the first night that she met me
She said "there's gonna be a time when I'm gonna have to go with whoever's gonna get me the highest."
CharlatanSin
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers