Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tips about my hitting

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tips about my hitting

Postby Bullatopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I never got into MLB much but I caught games from time to time. I decided to start becoming a MLB spectator. Recently, around April 4th, I decided to sign up for fantasy baseball. In the rotisserie 12- man league. I need assistance with my hitting line-up. Everyone snagged the top hitters, but here's my line-up :
Catcher- Carlos Ruiz
1 B- Matt Laporta
2 B- Chris Getz
3 B- David Freese
SS- Wilson Valdez
OF- Jose Bautista
OF-Andre Ethier
OF-Ryan Raburn
Util- (1B) Mitch Moreland
Util- Carlos Quentin
BN-Corey Patterson
BN-AAron Rowand
...etc

My pitching is pretty good, but ANY advice on hitters that I need or change up line-up, etc. Thanks. I'm trying to improve my hitting by finding sleepers since the other managers/teams have majority of TOP hitters.
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tips about my hitting

Postby SleuterBomber » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 am

It seems that you are going to need to trade from your pitching depth to add hitting. It would be helpful if you could post your pitching so that we could get a better idea of the overall value of your team.

Your OF is definitely your strength with Bautista, Ethier, and Quentin. You need a lot of help at MI because Getz and Valdez are simply not very good starters in a 12 team league.
SleuterBomber
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bullatopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:49 am

SleuterBomber wrote:It seems that you are going to need to trade from your pitching depth to add hitting. It would be helpful if you could post your pitching so that we could get a better idea of the overall value of your team.

Your OF is definitely your strength with Bautista, Ethier, and Quentin. You need a lot of help at MI because Getz and Valdez are simply not very good starters in a 12 team league.

Here's my pitching:
SP: Roy Halladay
SP: Cole Hamels
RP: Jonathan Broxton
RP:Leo Nunez
P:Yovani Gallarado
P:Shaun Marcum
P:Bronson Arroyo
P:Wade Davis
BN: Edinson Volquez
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyMVP » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:17 am

Marcum is a guy whose velocity should concern everyone. Gallardo has great K/9 numbers, but his WHIP and general control are an issue. If you catch either one of those pitchers on a hot streak or after a dominant performance you should try and sell one or both of them high for hitting. Each of those pitchers could potentially snag you a useful batter in the 70-100 range.
MY FANTASY SPORTS WEBSITE
http://www.fantasymvp.ca
FantasyMVP
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:41 am

Your infield is very weak. I'd certainly look to deal a guy like Marcum for an upgrade there.

What hitting options are sitting on the free agent market? I'd have to think there are better players available then Corey Patterson and Aaron Rowand, for instance.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -9)

Postby TrippySG » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:04 am

I am sorry, but that might be one of the weakest IF I have seen. You need to trade, and I dont think Marcum is gonna do it. Honestly, I think you should trade Halladay for a couple really good upgrades. Find someone in the league with a couple options at 1B or 3B and a couple decent players at SS or 2B and give up Halladay for them. You need major upgrades, and I know everyone is really high on Halladay but you need offensive contribution more than 1 pitcher. Noone has ever won a league with 1 pitcher, and your other pitchers will be just fine stat wise, especiallly as far as the rest of the league is concerned.

help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=427341
TrippySG
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyMVP » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:13 am

I just need to add that Corey Patterson is not a bad option as a plug in while Davis is on the DL, but that is all he is. You could get a better answer if you post some available players on the wire, or by posting some of the most recent drops in your league
FantasyMVP
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bullatopia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 am

FantasyMVP wrote:I just need to add that Corey Patterson is not a bad option as a plug in while Davis is on the DL, but that is all he is. You could get a better answer if you post some available players on the wire, or by posting some of the most recent drops in your league

Available SS:
Felipe Lopez
John Mc Donald
Maicer Izturis
Jed Lowrie
Darwin Barney

Available 1B:
Justin Smoak
Daric Barton
Russell Branyan
Todd Helton
Adam Kennedy

Available 2B:
Danny Espinosa
Freddy Sanchez
Orlando Hudson
Skip Schumaker
Alberto Collaspo
Jayson Nix
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

Postby FantasyMVP » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:42 am

Izturis is a quality grab, especially because of the multi-position eligibility.
FantasyMVP
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Bullatopia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:28 pm

I picked up Maicer Izturis. But I need help trying to get a solid 1st Basemen through trade. If anyone can assist, thanks.
Bullatopia
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions