Page 76 of 79

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:22 am
by pmstick
Inukchuk wrote:
pmstick wrote:Leagues where lineups are set weekly: Jon Lester Sell High.

His starts will be limited come fantasy playoff time to try and rest his arm for the postseason.


...and you heard this where?


Second one down

http://easfbbl.baseball.cbssports.com/p ... ews/580589

Says: Lester could be skipped in futureUpdated 6/21/11
Lester, Jon SP BOS
News: Boston SP Jon Lester, who went eight strong in his last start against the Brewers but failed to win his 10th victory of the season, met with manager Terry Francona on Tuesday to discuss the "long run," reports WEEI.com. “We actually sat with Lester today just to kind of get his feelings on some things because to get where we want to go, we’re going to have to lean on some guys, there’s no getting around it," Francona said. "However you say it, the more gas they have left in the tank, the better.” Analysis: The Red Sox want Lester fresh and healthy in August and September and they will consider skipping him at times going forward to that end. Currently, Lester is still on track for his Week 12 (June 20-26) start on Friday in Pittsburgh, but owners will have to pay attention when and if Francona decides to give him a start off in the future. For now, Lester remains a worthy Fantasy start in all mixed leagues.

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:31 am
by wrveres
pmstick wrote:His starts will be limited come fantasy playoff time to try and rest his arm for the postseason.

Sox wrote:The Red Sox want Lester fresh and healthy in August and September
what am i missing?

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:52 am
by ABA316
The Sox have lost Matsuzaka for the year (and then some)..Lackey has been injured and ineffective as well. So if you get in a playoff you have Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey. Not sure you can risk not having Lester at his best with his surrounding cast there.

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:52 am
by SOUTHSIDE HITMEN
I don't know if this was already covered but is Shields a sell high? He has 6 CG this season, he had 5 for his whole career before this season. This guy's been money for me. What do you guys think?

C-AJ
1-Fielder
2-Phillips
3-KF Panda
S-Jeter
O-Carlos Gonzalez
O-Quentin
O-Granderson
DH-Howard

SP-Chacin
SP-Lincecum
SP-Shields
SP-C.J. Wilson
SP-Tomlin
RP-Bell
RP-Rivera

BENCH

3-Callaspo
2-Kendrick
0-Rasmus
SP-Billingsly
SP-B Norris
SP-Loshe

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:40 am
by kab21
ABA316 wrote:The Sox have lost Matsuzaka for the year (and then some)..Lackey has been injured and ineffective as well. So if you get in a playoff you have Beckett, Lester, Buchholz, Lackey. Not sure you can risk not having Lester at his best with his surrounding cast there.


All I read into this is Lester getting skipped 1-2 times during the season and probably the last week of the season. Not that big of a deal imo. And this could happen to any playoff bound starter.

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:19 am
by wrveres
I'm not saying you should actively pursue the guy, but if you are swapping players, Gordon Beckham might not be a bad gamble as a toss in. I bet his owners would jump at the chance to get rid of him too. I was getting ready to drop him for a scrubby mi type, before i went looking for reasons not to drop Beckham.
I think i found one.

[pre]Split AB 2B HR RBI BB AVG OBP SLG OPS
Pre-All Star 623 29 12 63 46 0.231 0.294 0.339 0.633
Post-All Star 431 32 17 70 47 0.285 0.363 0.487 0.851[/pre]

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 am
by AquaMan2342
wrveres wrote:I'm not saying you should actively pursue the guy, but if you are swapping players, Gordon Beckham might not be a bad gamble as a toss in. I bet his owners would jump at the chance to get rid of him too. I was getting ready to drop him for a scrubby mi type, before i went looking for reasons not to drop Beckham.
I think i found one.

[pre]Split AB 2B HR RBI BB AVG OBP SLG OPS
Pre-All Star 623 29 12 63 46 0.231 0.294 0.339 0.633
Post-All Star 431 32 17 70 47 0.285 0.363 0.487 0.851[/pre]


Actually just came to post about Beckham. I believe someone else on here posted about Javier Vazquez also who would be a solid pick up right now.

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:51 pm
by kab21
AquaMan2342 wrote:
wrveres wrote:I'm not saying you should actively pursue the guy, but if you are swapping players, Gordon Beckham might not be a bad gamble as a toss in. I bet his owners would jump at the chance to get rid of him too. I was getting ready to drop him for a scrubby mi type, before i went looking for reasons not to drop Beckham.
I think i found one.

[pre]Split AB 2B HR RBI BB AVG OBP SLG OPS
Pre-All Star 623 29 12 63 46 0.231 0.294 0.339 0.633
Post-All Star 431 32 17 70 47 0.285 0.363 0.487 0.851[/pre]


Actually just came to post about Beckham. I believe someone else on here posted about Javier Vazquez also who would be a solid pick up right now.


I'm still starting him in my 14 tm'er but it's either him, Bartlett or Mous until my DL empties. But his plate discipline is becoming awful. He's swinging at 38% of the pitches out of the K zone and his BB rate has fallen significantly each season while his K rate inches up. I'm just not interested anymore.

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:24 pm
by Zito is God
Liriano for Beachy in a Dynasty league. Who got the better end of the deal?

Re: Buy Low/Sell High Thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:52 pm
by kaiser
Zito is God wrote:Liriano for Beachy in a Dynasty league. Who got the better end of the deal?


I'll take the Beachy side.