Return to Baseball Leftovers

Asdrubal Cabrera thread

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Asdrubal Cabrera thread

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:57 pm

j24jags wrote:
Ender wrote:Sure but Cabrera might keep up his line and Andrus simply will not. Not sure you'll like that deal nearly as much after Andrus gets over his hot streak.

Ender I respect your opinion, I find that we generally agree on most players, but we disagree here. I think Asdrubal is the one who won't keep up this hot streak for the rest of the season. I respectfully disagree on Andrus, I may be wrong, but we can revisit this as the season goes on.

I own Asdrubal, but in all honesty, I don't think either one will keep up their hot streaks, even though Asdrubal's has lasted all year and Andrus's has lasted about 40 ABs. I don't have a problem with the trade. You needed speed, so you got a pretty good player with a different skill set. Just because I like Asdrubal better in a vacuum doesn't mean Andrus isn't a better fit for certain teams. I have one league where I'm literally killing it in 4 out of 5 offensive categories and in last place in SBs (drafted Crawford thinking I could almost ignore speed for the rest of the draft). Easy to imagine someone else being in the same position.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jpbusta » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am

CBMGreatOne wrote:
j24jags wrote:
Ender wrote:Sure but Cabrera might keep up his line and Andrus simply will not. Not sure you'll like that deal nearly as much after Andrus gets over his hot streak.

Ender I respect your opinion, I find that we generally agree on most players, but we disagree here. I think Asdrubal is the one who won't keep up this hot streak for the rest of the season. I respectfully disagree on Andrus, I may be wrong, but we can revisit this as the season goes on.

I own Asdrubal, but in all honesty, I don't think either one will keep up their hot streaks, even though Asdrubal's has lasted all year and Andrus's has lasted about 40 ABs. I don't have a problem with the trade. You needed speed, so you got a pretty good player with a different skill set. Just because I like Asdrubal better in a vacuum doesn't mean Andrus isn't a better fit for certain teams. I have one league where I'm literally killing it in 4 out of 5 offensive categories and in last place in SBs (drafted Crawford thinking I could almost ignore speed for the rest of the draft). Easy to imagine someone else being in the same position.

Well put. ;-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Ender » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:57 pm

j24jags wrote:

Note that I'm talking about the stats I actually quoted, not what the players have done all year, it was a comment on what you have gotten out of them since the trade.

Elvis Andrus' game log for me: 15/39, 9 Rs, 1 HR, 8 RBIs, 4 SBs, .385

Asdrubal since I traded him: 15/47, 7 Rs, 2 HRs, 8 RBIs, 0 SBs, .319

Asdrubal might have 20-30 HR power and hit a little over .300, it is at least plausible. Andrus is not going to hit .385 with 60 SB speed and 15 HR power and 100 RBI pace.

That line for Andrus is a hot streak, for Asdrubal it is maybe 1 HR and like 2 hits more than expectations.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby DbacksRback » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:51 pm

2 HR in first 2 games after the break....He's at it again!
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby thatguy27 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:50 pm

At this point, it appears Asdrubal is definitely for real, yet I still find myself doubting him a little bit... Where do you guys see him going in drafts next season? Is he a top 25 player? Where does he rank among SS's? 4th after Tulo, Reyes, and Hanley?
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DbacksRback » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

thatguy27 wrote:At this point, it appears Asdrubal is definitely for real, yet I still find myself doubting him a little bit... Where do you guys see him going in drafts next season? Is he a top 25 player? Where does he rank among SS's? 4th after Tulo, Reyes, and Hanley?

I can promise you he won't be on any of my teams. If he is drafted top 25 there is such a risk asking for another year like this and only gives you room to be let down. Just not a good value pick
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wrveres » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:01 am

DbacksRback wrote:
thatguy27 wrote:At this point, it appears Asdrubal is definitely for real, yet I still find myself doubting him a little bit... Where do you guys see him going in drafts next season? Is he a top 25 player? Where does he rank among SS's? 4th after Tulo, Reyes, and Hanley?

I can promise you he won't be on any of my teams. If he is drafted top 25 there is such a risk asking for another year like this and only gives you room to be let down. Just not a good value pick
this
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby thatguy27 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:54 pm

So where would you guys be comfortable taking him in a 12 team league next season? 4th round? 5th round? Would you say he at least belongs in the top 50?
thatguy27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DbacksRback » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:55 pm

thatguy27 wrote:So where would you guys be comfortable taking him in a 12 team league next season? 4th round? 5th round? Would you say he at least belongs in the top 50?

I won't draft him at all just based off of wherever he's going to be drafted....it's a reach
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers